It has begun!! Titan VK56 swap in my '05!

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

silverarrow27

Re: It has begun!! Titan VK56 swap in my '05!

Postby silverarrow27 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:26 pm

Thupertrooper wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:41 pm
Bumping this write up.
Great job man thanks for all the heads up. My truck is too beat up to swap a VK but maybe I happen to find a cheap 2door fronty lol. If you want better power to weight ratio you have more then 300lbs of seats under you lol. Im working on getting more vids up on youtube but hope to see your pathy rip it lol.
Exact reason why it's in my future plans to swap out my leather interior for the OR blue seats. Was thinking about aftermarket adjustable bucket seats in the front.

NWPathfinder

Postby NWPathfinder » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:57 am

That was just awesome to see the engine bay completely gutted like that. With everybody turbo'ing everything these days, I'm suprised nobody has built an performance engine for our pathy's yet.

Nice work on your VK swap though! Love it!

I had no idea that they sold 2wd Pathfinders! I've only ever seen 4wd ones!

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:58 pm

NWPathfinder wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:57 am
That was just awesome to see the engine bay completely gutted like that. With everybody turbo'ing everything these days, I'm suprised nobody has built an performance engine for our pathy's yet.

Here in the extreme South 2WD Pathfinders, Xterras, and Armadas are more than 50%.
I suppose you are guaranteed no snow on the roads..
I still want my 4WD though

VStar650CL

Postby VStar650CL » Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:15 pm

palmerwmd wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:58 pm
NWPathfinder wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:57 am

Here in the extreme South 2WD Pathfinders, Xterras, and Armadas are more than 50%.
I suppose you are guaranteed no snow on the roads..
I still want my 4WD though
Yep, that's purely a matter of location, location, location. In Little Rock where it snows about twice per winter whether we need it or not, we see a lot more 2WD's than 4WD. Four-wheelers tend to go with pickups more than SUV's, and the Pathies are more likely to be family buggies than snow cats. Up around Heber Springs, just 65 miles north into the Ozarks, it snows all winter and the guys in Truman see almost all four wheelers. In the hills you often can't get around without it, family or not.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”