What did you do to your Pathfinder today!

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

sandy424

Re: What did you do to your Pathfinder today!

Postby sandy424 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:13 am

volvite wrote:Thought we could start a thread where members post things they repaired/replaced/upgraded/removed on their pathfinders. I've seen these threads on other vehicle forums and they are one of the most active. Lets see if we can keep this thread active.

I have an 08 V8 that's a CPO. I'm coming up on the 100K miles and I took the advice of another forum member and stopped by my local dealership yesterday to see if they would replace the radiator based upon the possibility of leaking into the transmission while still under warranty. They took the pathfinder overnight and were doing overall inspection of the vehicle to see what they could/need to be replaced under warranty. Today they called and they are replacing a few seals and the auto belt tensioner. No luck on the radiator. They said there does not seem to be any cross contamination of the fluid. They had to order the belt tensioner so I should have the Pathfinder back tomorrow.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:35 am

yesterday I installed Phillips X-Treme Visons in my pathfinder:
http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=15828 :D

00pathySE

Postby 00pathySE » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:56 pm

Changed the front drive gear oil, and fixed a small hole in the exhaust pipe with some jb weld.

Graham W

Postby Graham W » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:43 am

Swept the dog hair out the boot and checked oil and water LOL

Have a new F/NS droplink to fit at the weekend. Have already done the OS but got rained off, UK weather eh !

PathMaster

Postby PathMaster » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:30 pm

I just added some cross bars for added cargo capability. I'm like going camping with my family and friends. Got these genuine OEM Nissan Cross Bars at a nice deal online and I'm really happy with my purchase https://www.nissanpartsprime.com/oem/ni ... it-pa.html

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:39 pm

lately this thread has picked up a bit in energy.
Keep 'em coming fellas!

In past month:
I got a drain and refill for the tranny and the rusty rear diff cover taken off by my guy.

derusted with a wire brush.. repainted with anti rust covering and then of course the rear diff fluid re filled when it got back on the car.

Also brakes bled and new front pads so the braking feels much better now.
New Hankook Dynapro ATM 3 weeks ago dont hurt either.
New top hose ( the one coming from the engine). Easiest to get to and also most stressed hose since it carry the hottest coolant and is most likely to be fingered.
Partial drain and fill of the radiator with Nissan Blue coolant.

Oil change on Saturday with Mobil 1 5w-30 High milage extended drain. usually an expensive oil was on sale at walmart for 25.50 dollars per 5 t jug!
Topped it off with a Mobil 1 extended capacity oil filter.
Adjusted the fill level so its just a tad below maximum.
Cleaned the engine bay.

Also
The battery is 6 months old AGM dry cell Bosch Platinum, this truck WILL start in the winter no matter what!

Graham W

Postby Graham W » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:20 am

Gave mine a good clean today. The good thing about the British southern weather is its still 10 degrees and dry this week. Poor truck looked filthy, but al clean and shines again.

Ive ordered some carbon look door sill strips to try and pretty up the sides especially when the door door rubber comes and fitted.

Willy76

Postby Willy76 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:46 am

I supplanted all my inside arch lights with LEDs. Simply trusting that the sun will go down so I can perceive how splendid they are.

Mike Bishop

Reply:

Postby Mike Bishop » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:22 am

Hello from New Zealand,

My name is Mike Bishop and I have been working as a Junior Tech Assistant in a company that provides services about Automotive. I don’t know if Mentioning the company is allowed or not. LOL.

I found one of the thread of this forum on google last night and I really like the way you guy helped each other. I feel like I also should make an account here, maybe I can help somebody. Or at least get some updated information about Automotive.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:42 pm

Mike, welcome!

As for me:
- Today I put on fresh wipers for the winter.
- Refilled my wiper fluid reservoir :)

namanjohnson101

Postby namanjohnson101 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:22 am

I replaced all my interior dome lights with LEDs. Just waiting for the sun to go down so I can see how bright they are. tubemate get-mobdro.com authorityapk.com
Last edited by namanjohnson101 on Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:06 pm

namanjohnson101 wrote:I replaced all my interior dome lights with LEDs. Just waiting for the sun to go down so I can see how bright they are.
Welcome to ThePath! :D

dobert

Postby dobert » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:02 am

Replaced the headlight bulbs and cleaned the engine bay.

Smithy89

Postby Smithy89 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:36 pm

heres mine hope you like https://youtu.be/g-y44l_IgPU

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:58 am

Smithy89 wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:36 pm
heres mine hope you like https://youtu.be/g-y44l_IgPU
very impressive!!!! :D

Return to “General Automotive”