Castroil Transmax Multi Import Transmission Fluid

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

Code Pathfinder

Castroil Transmax Multi Import Transmission Fluid

Postby Code Pathfinder » Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:21 pm

Decided to finally change out both the transmission & transfer case fluid on my 09 Pathfinder. I definitely let the fluids stretch out their mileage but luckily after draining the fluids, nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

For my fluid of choice, I decided to give Castroil Transmax Multi-Import Transmission fluid a shot. I didnt want to wait and order OEM Matic S Fluid and the Transmax Fluid ended up being a better deal.

Transmax Multi Import will cover both the needs of the transmission and the transfer case. The transmission prefers Matic S fluid but Matic J can also be used which Transmax covers.

The Transfer Case calls for Matic D fluid and once again the Transmax fluid is Matic D compliant.

Overall, I spent about $60 on fluids amounting to 7 quarts.

I used about 4 quarts for the transmission and about 2.5 quarts for the transfer case.

So far after driving a few miles above 60mph, the fluid has not given me any troubles and all is well :D

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Re: Castroil Transmax Multi Import Transmission Fluid

Postby palmerwmd » Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:10 pm

Hurrah for DYI! :D

TooMuchControl

Re: Castroil Transmax Multi Import Transmission Fluid

Postby TooMuchControl » Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:56 pm

I love watching the Tx mechanic on TFL where he states that this fluid should be changed more often than the suggested intervals than the manufacturers. Basically stating, it's the forgotten fluid.

On the Car Wizard, he also loves his Nissan Cube, and basically shows that on the CVT, the oil is a disaster when not changed.

Change that damn fluid!
It's my Monday plan.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”