Need new key fob

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Limey

Re: Need new key fob

Postby Limey » Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:54 pm

VStar650CL wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:40 pm
Limey wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:12 pm
Thanks but I don’t think I can access those settings. Only ones I see on the vehicle settings are under driver convenience menu. Nothing there to unlock when in Park. Or unlock when key removed. Must be a default setting.
It is, but on some of the older stuff it can be changed by the dealer with BCM settings and turned on or off by you using the lock/unlock button. Yours is one of them. See DLK-12, bottom of the page:
https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... %2FDLK.pdf
You’re a top person. Thanks. Since I remembered I had a Carista device. It just now allowed me to change all those setting that you mentioned.

Limey

Postby Limey » Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:19 am

So the previous owner recently sent me the second chipped key and remote key fob. Since they found it after a week of me getting a new key cut and programmed at Ace Hardware.

Surprised to see that the remote key fob still operates my PF. But the key they sent doesn’t work anymore.
I’ve got two programmed chipped keys that work now and three remote fobs that work.

I’m assuming when Ace Hardware programmed the second key with first key being present the one I received from seller got deleted ? Any way to program the key by myself ?

VStar650CL

Postby VStar650CL » Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:23 pm

If you had the keys programmed then the old key is simply omitted. Programming erases all old keys that aren't included during the procedure, but unlike most I-keys, RFID steel keys can simply be programmed back in again.

Limey

Postby Limey » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:14 am

VStar650CL wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:23 pm
If you had the keys programmed then the old key is simply omitted. Programming erases all old keys that aren't included during the procedure, but unlike most I-keys, RFID steel keys can simply be programmed back in again.
Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense as the third that he mailed me wasn’t present.

Return to “R51 Electrical”