Interior Swap (at least seats)

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

AS_The_Crow_Flys

Interior Swap (at least seats)

Postby AS_The_Crow_Flys » Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:55 am

Hi All

I would love to find a donor pathy with a good interior for a swap (i have a S 4WD base base base model). Seats are my first priority. However, it would be nice to be able to swap over whatever is nicer.

Does anyone know what sort of compatibility there is with the interiors? Are all years interchangeable or only some? Will seats from any R51 work in any year? I have a 2007 if that matters.

VStar650CL

Re: Interior Swap (at least seats)

Postby VStar650CL » Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:18 am

The basic Pathy front seat frames (which govern what vehicles the seat will bolt into) are the same from '05~'12. The '14~'19 Frontier and '05~'15 Xterra also use the same frames, so there's a wide variety of stuff that will fit in the hole. Some rewiring or added wiring will probably needed if you upgrade to a better or later seat, but the FSM's in Nico can tell you how to shuffle the connections. The only thing you probably can't add is seat memory, that requires a bunch of wires in the Body and Main harnesses that won't exist on a non-memory vehicle. But options like seat heat, lumbar, or even climate seats are all doable. Make sure you get the VIN from the donor vehicle, that makes identifying the correct wiring much easier.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:46 pm

I would also love to find a good condition Russet interior.
Would pay a pretty penny for it even if I give the guy my good condition charcoal one.

silverarrow27

Postby silverarrow27 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:32 pm

My goal is the blue cloth seats with the rubber lining for third row and trunk area out of an early model Off Road.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”