Then finally had a chance to start working on the front suspension after New Years.
Repeated the chipping off loose paint and rust process, which luckily wasn't as bad as the rear, I then degreased and sprayed/painted the front area down with AGS Rust Solutions Rust Paint. Ran out of Eastwood so I figured I'd try the newest thing on the market from AGS. I have a few AGS grease products so I decided to try this from them as well.
I purchased a pair of used front knuckles from a local guy parting out a 2wd Pathy since part number is shared amongst all years and v6/v8 models. The only difference I've seen is that the earlier models like the ones I picked up is stamped as 'version 1' and the later knuckles like out of my 2011 has 'version 2' stamped on. Otherwise, visually, they look the same side by side. Maybe the difference lies in the metal? I ended up degreasing, scrubbing, and painting the replacement knuckles with the Rust Paint just to make it look pretty.
Picked up brand new Timken wheel bearings to install in the knuckles:
Trimmed off a bit of the coil buckets to prevent the ball joint from hitting it which is known as 'Coil Bucket Contact' or CBC for short. Also saw a spot that I didn't get with the Rust Paint so I covered it after taking the pictures.
Comparing old Rancho coilover I picked up used from the same guy I picked up my knuckles from with my new King Shocks coilover:
Almost done, had to figure out where to mount the remote reservoirs and made sure I set my UCAs to have a bit more caster than factory to push my 33" tires forward in the wheel well. :
I thought this may have been a good spot to install the remote reservoir to clear my wheel from damaging it at full lock.
I also had to replace the passenger side outer tie rod so I figured I'd do both sides. Been having good luck with AC Delco parts lately, even better than Mevotech from my observation and experience. Also, didn't realize the AC Delco outer tie rod also came with a zerk fitting for greasing. The balls did feel a bit tight and the grease looked a bit dry so I pumped new grease into the outer tie rod balls after installation:
After digging into the King Shocks box some more, I found a set of remote reservoir mounting brackets with mounting hardware and instructions! YAY! Although, I'm iffy on the idea of mounting the remote reservoirs at the front where it'll take some impact. It does sit a few mm above the frame, I'm still not too sure about the location. Looks good though. The mounting brackets utilize the existing threaded holes for the factory tow hook on the frame.