Roof racks etc.

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

shv2sail

Postby shv2sail » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:33 am

Fantastic! Thanks for the update and I'll be looking forward to the photos.

In the meantime try to stay somewhat thawed out! ;-)

shv2sail

Postby shv2sail » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:03 am

Any luck Pappy? My tax return is itching to turn into parts for my Pathy ;-)

skywhr

Postby skywhr » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:34 am

what is the sku for the 1 you ordered?

any pics yet???

does it have light tabs?

Pappy

Postby Pappy » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:31 pm

I put it on today, pictures tomorrow. It really worked out great. I'm very happy with this thing. The one I bought was ER-08208

Pappy

Postby Pappy » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:33 am

This rack was very easy to assemble and install. The mounting hardware is excellent. I will be able to carry the spare tire and 2 Jerry cans it looks like.

skywhr

Postby skywhr » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:43 pm

Why are racks on sites such as 4x4parts.com so much more.

Mainly how can they charge so much and not give dimensions on their website...?

Has anyone ever ordered 1 of their roof racks?
https://www.4x4parts.com/catalog/produc ... ts_id=4489

guinnessjim

Postby guinnessjim » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:48 pm

Pappy wrote: Image
you have a very tiny dog standing on your rack :wink: :o

Pappy

Postby Pappy » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:11 pm

The rack is that large!!! LOL, now that made me laugh!

Lex is our 122 pound Doberman, he don't take kindly to a stranger calling him tiny!

As for the rack, I found these guys great to work with. Shipping etc, they did a good job. I had the rack shipped to my work station in Canada and got screwed on customs however that is so common its not really a factor anymore.

Captain
Sponsored Member

Postby Captain » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:24 am

Looks very nice. When you put a rack on the top of the Pf it takes it to another level of roughness. Way to go Pappy

shv2sail

Postby shv2sail » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:39 am

Glad it worked out for you Pappy! I can't see the pics here at work (I really should be working anyhow - lol), but I'll check them out tonite. OR, I'll just see the real thing tonite as UPS is saying my rack will be delivered today! I ended up pulliing the trigger on buying my rack before you posted your success story...just couldn't help myself.

I'll post some photos here of mine as well!

...also...I'm planning on adding a pair of KC dayliters to the rack...anyone have any good tips on routing wiring from the roof rack into the truck?

THANKS!!

skywhr

Postby skywhr » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:03 pm

shv2sail wrote:Glad it worked out for you Pappy! I can't see the pics here at work (I really should be working anyhow - lol), but I'll check them out tonite. OR, I'll just see the real thing tonite as UPS is saying my rack will be delivered today! I ended up pulliing the trigger on buying my rack before you posted your success story...just couldn't help myself.

I'll post some photos here of mine as well!

...also...I'm planning on adding a pair of KC dayliters to the rack...anyone have any good tips on routing wiring from the roof rack into the truck?

THANKS!!
Where are you getting your light mounts?

shv2sail

Postby shv2sail » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:28 pm

For light mounting...I did some digging and Warrior Products makes aux offroad light moutning brackets for various diameter tubing...including the 1" that this particular rack is made with. It look like about $40 for a pair of brackets.

The new rack was indeed waiting for me when I made it home yesterday. Unfortunately, it wasn't in the best shape when it came out of the shipping box - a number of scrapes and surface blemishes, and one of the tube ends where the (2) rack halves slide togehter was crushed into an oblong shape and had to be pounded out to fit. It also looked like someone had already opened/tried this particular rack as there were opened, empty hardware bags in the box, though nothing I needed seemed to be missing. It's not worth trying to ship it back/return it for the scrapes/scratches...I'll just touch them up myself.

Hopefully it'll warm up this weekend so I can get the rack mounted and take some photos...

Pappy

Postby Pappy » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:10 pm

Sorry to hear about the damage. Mine made the trip in good shape. I was fortunate!

shv2sail

Postby shv2sail » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:51 am

Well, considering this particular model is pretty cheap for what you get, it's not all that bad (though one always hopes that a new item actually looks "new").

If the rain will hold off on Friday, I should get the thing mounted up top...hopefully...before the temps go below freezing again this weekend. The aftermarket stereo is arriving today, and the light mounts for the KCs should be here soon so hopefully Friday will be "Upgrade the Pathy Day" :D

Pappy

Postby Pappy » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:22 pm

I woulde explain how it was damaged during safari to Delaware or how the moose you brought back damaged the thing.
Last edited by Pappy on Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”