intermediate exhaust pipe

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

DrBeavis

intermediate exhaust pipe

Postby DrBeavis » Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:13 pm

looks like there is a hole in my intermediate exhaust pipe, and i would like to replace it.

1) the pipe in question is underneath the drive side. would i be correct to assume that its passenger-side counterpart exists as well? if so, how can i make sure i purchase the correct one?
2) how much do manufacturers matter in this case? I am looking at Walker, Ansa, Brexhaust, and AP.

thank you for your time!

AS_The_Crow_Flys

Re: intermediate exhaust pipe

Postby AS_The_Crow_Flys » Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:43 pm

Sorry, no knowledge here. I think i saw some stuff on this before. I would try a search. That being said, here is a bump.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Re: intermediate exhaust pipe

Postby blink32 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:23 pm

Late reply but it sounds like you're referring to the B or Mid Pipes. They go between the primary catalytic converters and the Y pipe and have a downstream catalytic converter as well as O2 sensor in them. You can buy a matched set for off-road use from Doug Thorley, OEM replacments, have a muffler shop fab up a set or you can scab up a fix with a cheap welder pretty easy if it's in the straight section.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”