R51 From Germany

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

find_your_path_r51

R51 From Germany

Postby find_your_path_r51 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:03 am

Hi everyone,

I´m really glad that, after several attempts to register here, my inner crimal came up with the idea to use an VPN to pass that european IP obstacle.

Anyway....

My Name is Thilo, 32, from Germany.

I´m driving a 2011 R51 Nissan Pathfinder LE with the YDD25 2.5l Diesel Engine.
Due to our harsh reststrictions here in Germany my Car is barely road legal and I can´t always keep up with your U.S. mods but trying my best.

Since I bought my Pathy in 2017 I loved this forum as a great source of inspiration.
This page is to blame for me ordering 50% of my parts in the U.S. as you have all the cool stuff here :D

As soon as i figured out how to post images, I´ll do so! until then here a parts list and link to Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/find_your_path_r51/

Fully Raptor coated, Battleship Grey with Black
Suspension:
Front: Ext. Radflo 2.5 with res. 700lbs Springs, Blackhawk UCAs, Swaybar removed.
Rear: Ext. Radflo 2.0 with res. and Ironman heavy duty spings (they suck! subject to change)

Maxxis Razr MT 295/70 R17 on OZ Rally Raid Rims 17x9

ARB Sahara Bar with Stedi Type X Pro spot lights and fog lights
Blackhawk 4x4 GU Patrol front recovery points.

Poison Spyder Hood Louver

Rhino Rack pioneer platform

Asfir 4x4 rear tire carrier

Used to have Asfir 4x4 Full set of skids as well, sold them due to some issues and am waiting for the Almont 4wd set to arrive.

Torqit 4x4 full DPF removal exhaust waiting for install....

That should be it.

Again: I´m really happy to finally be able to participate here in this awesome knowledge database.

Best wishes

Thilo

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Re: R51 From Germany

Postby palmerwmd » Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:31 pm

Hallo Thilo!
Entschuldige bitte unseren anti Euro Block.
Die überwältigende Mehrheit aller Spammer die wir bekommen hat solche IPs. :lol:

Ich bin froh das Du dennoch zu uns gefunden hast.

Your english is quite good and obviously not the result of machine translation so I will switch back to English.
Yes parts availability for the R51 in the USA is extremly good and will remain so for a very long time due to widespread parts commonalities with the 2005 -2020 Frontier and the also popular 2005-2015 Xterra.
I am gratified that we have been helpfu to you in the past.

Due to a relatively recent 2 yr contract in the FRG, I am familiar with the anti Diesel craziness that is sweeping that country.
A busybody old lady once even scolded me as an "Umweltsünder" even in car friendly Stuttgart, for idling my 2011 Xterra with the 4.0 Liter V6 (that she thought was a Diesel) trying to get my windows defrostet mid winter.

Where in GE do you live?

Cheers,

Fred

find_your_path_r51

Postby find_your_path_r51 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:03 am

Hi Fred,
dein Deutsch ist aber auch sehr gut! Wobei ich nicht beurteilen kann ob es maschinell erstellt worden ist.

Stuttgart is the greatest paradoxon in this whole discussion as it is the most microparticel polluted city in Germany. Basically the City where the whole madness started.
Didn´t the old lady tell you thats it´s even illegal to let your engine run for purposes :D (no joke)

The diesel craziness has changed to a fossile fuel persecution, with rescent discussions center around forbidding the registration of new, fossile fuel driven vehicles from 2035 on. Let´s see how it goes, you can do many things to Germans, but when you try to take our cars, we tend to get pissed :P

I used to live in Hamburg for 30 years, now I live next to the Ruhrarea 2,5h from Stuttgard.

I´ve never! seen an Xterra in Germany, would love to drive one here...with a Diesel... or a VK swap to keep up on the Autobahn.
(Which, is also subject to change with a general speed limitd of 130 km/h :cry: )

Fred, may I ask you for a brief hint how to upload pictures the right way?

Cheers from, at the moment, the Netherlands :D

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:18 am

find_your_path_r51 wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:03 am
Hi Fred,
dein Deutsch ist aber auch sehr gut! Wobei ich nicht beurteilen kann ob es maschinell erstellt worden ist.

Stuttgart is the greatest paradoxon in this whole discussion as it is the most microparticel polluted city in Germany. Basically the City where the whole madness started.
Didn´t the old lady tell you thats it´s even illegal to let your engine run for purposes :D (no joke)

The diesel craziness has changed to a fossile fuel persecution, with rescent discussions center around forbidding the registration of new, fossile fuel driven vehicles from 2035 on. Let´s see how it goes, you can do many things to Germans, but when you try to take our cars, we tend to get pissed :P

I used to live in Hamburg for 30 years, now I live next to the Ruhrarea 2,5h from Stuttgard.

I´ve never! seen an Xterra in Germany, would love to drive one here...with a Diesel... or a VK swap to keep up on the Autobahn.
(Which, is also subject to change with a general speed limitd of 130 km/h :cry: )

Fred, may I ask you for a brief hint how to upload pictures the right way?

Cheers from, at the moment, the Netherlands :D
Mein Deutsch ist nicht maschinell :)
Deshalb auch die Tippfehler hier and da. :oops:

I very nearly decided to gift my XTerra before I shipped it back yo the US, to a family member over there.
But he is not a car guy.
I believe in Germany an Xterra or a R51 would be something special, yet he would not have fully appreciated it I think.
And to top it off, he lives in Berlin and not in the countryside.

My R51 is a V8, which is rare even here in the US.
Even thought the Xterra and R51 are japanese brands they are made in the US and as a result parts are very reasonable by German standards (as you may have noticed)

As for pics its actually easy.
When you open a textbox to type your answer, look at the bottom left.
There is a tab called "Attachments".
Click that tab and it will allow you to up-load files straight from your harddrive.
Depending on which option you pick it will either be attached to your post as an attachment or show up as a pic in the post itself ( recommended for much improved effect).
use "place inline" tab when you upload

Example:

R51
IMG_0908.JPG
R51
IMG_0203 - Copy.JPG

find_your_path_r51

Postby find_your_path_r51 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:50 pm

palmerwmd wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:18 am
I very nearly decided to gift my XTerra before I shipped it back yo the US, to a family member over there.
But he is not a car guy.
I believe in Germany an Xterra or a R51 would be something special, yet he would not have fully appreciated it I think.
We do have some R51 2.5l Diesel or the V6 Diesel here, most of them bone stock as well as many D40 Frontiers (named Navara here), same Diesel engines.
Xterras on the other hand are so incredebly rare here. I checked the numbers of registrated Xterras in GE several years ago and, if i remember correctly, it was below 20 cars as it has never been sold here, and imports usually focus on Landcrusiers, Raptors you name it.

palmerwmd wrote:
Even thought the Xterra and R51 are japanese brands they are made in the US and as a result parts are very reasonable by German standards (as you may have noticed)
Aftermarket parts are reasonable priced, OEM parts have become quite expensive here,as German nissan dealers tend to only sell part groups as a whole nowadays. Besides mechanics some times don´t have any clue what they are doing :roll:

Nonetheless I really love the R51 Platform, I´d really had done a T-Swap already if had not to get it "TÜVed" to keep it road legal.
By the way: As here in central/northern Europe there are no things as Rock Crawling or Desert runs, just mud, the independent suspension really shows off! Have seen Land Rovers and Wranglers been stuck in deep mud because their differential pumpkins slowed them down to a stand still, while the pathfinder just drove through the bog holes with ease.

Anyway here some pics.
IMG_20230411_164521-min.jpg
IMG_20230408_093608-min.jpg

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:02 pm

find_your_path_r51 wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:50 pm
palmerwmd wrote:
But he is not a car guy.
We do have some R51 2.5l Diesel or the V6 Diesel here, most of them bone stock as well as many D40 Frontiers (named Navara here), same Diesel engines.
Xterras on the other hand are so incredebly rare here. I checked the numbers of registrated Xterras in GE several years ago and, if i remember correctly, it was below 20 cars as it has never been sold here, and imports usually focus on Landcrusiers, Raptors you name it.

palmerwmd wrote:
Aftermarket parts are reasonable priced, OEM parts have become quite expensive here,as German nissan dealers tend to only sell part groups as a whole nowadays. Besides mechanics some times don´t have any clue what they are doing :roll:

Nonetheless I really love the R51 Platform, I´d really had done a T-Swap already if had not to get it "TÜVed" to keep it road legal.
By the way: As here in central/northern Europe there are no things as Rock Crawling or Desert runs, just mud, the independent suspension really shows off! Have seen Land Rovers and Wranglers been stuck in deep mud because their differential pumpkins slowed them down to a stand still, while the pathfinder just drove through the bog holes with ease.

Anyway here some pics.
IMG_20230411_164521-min.jpg
IMG_20230408_093608-min.jpg
Wow that looks really nice! :D
You have SO MUCH more capability than your peers on the road in that. :!:

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”