1995 Pathfinder

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

ilikemypathfinder

1995 Pathfinder

Postby ilikemypathfinder » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:41 pm

So I have a 1995 Pathfinder XE. I recently decided to change and replace all the spark plugs and wires. I also did the PCV valve at the same time. After I finished it up, I noticed it was sort of like stumbling. It would be when it was idling of course. Felt like it was misfiring. I have noticed recently also that if I drive it, park it, start it, and do that quickly, sometimes it struggles. Then I smell a lot of gas being burned. I suspect it is the fuel injectors because now it is also throwing the codes 13 - Coolant Temperature Sensor and 35 - Exhaust Temperature Sensor.

I was going to ask first, but I went ahead and did it, and bought for $60 each, 6 new fuel injectors of the Hitachi brand because I've heard the cheap chinese one is garbage.

Anyways, if anyone has any advice on this or knows what I'm talking about, I'd appreciate any information. If it's not the fuel injectors, I guess I can cancel the order quickly if I get a response soon.

VStar650CL

Re: 1995 Pathfinder

Postby VStar650CL » Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:17 pm

If the coolant sensor isn't working then there's probably nothing wrong with your injectors, the ECM just thinks the engine is in Alaska and can't get warm. That will make it run very rich.

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”