'05 R51 Mode 6 Data - Details

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

TooMuchControl

'05 R51 Mode 6 Data - Details

Postby TooMuchControl » Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:21 pm

Is there a listing of available OBD Mode 6 data for each model year planted somewhere?

looking for misfire counters, etc, and wondering if there is a listing of this somewhere so that I don't need to chase for a mysterious tool to find this information if not available.

Thank you all for any help.

ShipFixer

Re: '05 R51 Mode 6 Data - Details

Postby ShipFixer » Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:50 pm

I don't think so. But Nissan Data Scan on a PC does show more of the data through reverse engineering of CONSULT than you will get with OBD II by itself, including some codes that don't pop up on OBD II readers or even the Android version of NDS. It can also command idle air relearn, and set idle speed, which is pretty handy.

TooMuchControl

Re: '05 R51 Mode 6 Data - Details

Postby TooMuchControl » Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:43 am

Thanks so much!

Through what I've observed on the web, Nissan does not expose the misfire counters directly, and this data is only seen through open OBD Mode 6 data. They are not the only Manufacturer apparently that does this - not sure why.

I'm leaning to what you are saying - I think this data won't be there on my '05.

I think newer ECUs may expose this (2007+) as I've seen it on some YT channels, but they don't indicate which year R51 they are working on.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”