Radiator flush

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

jetstream87

Radiator flush

Postby jetstream87 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:06 pm

I have been putting this off for a while since I have the heads resurfaced. I started doing the flush before I was able to get it to 3 cycles. The last time I did it the water was still dirty, however I promise to do it again but always got something came up. Now I want to do this before the wet season approaches, the only issue that I am having is that the a/c - heater does not work. Not sure if its the relay or the blower motor. Will there be an issue if I do the flush without using the heater to get the air out of the system? For the coolant I am going to put Engine Coolant / Antifreeze Beck/Arnley - Blue.

VStar650CL

Re: Radiator flush

Postby VStar650CL » Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:49 am

As long as the Water Cock is working to allow coolant flow through the heater core, it will be fine. You don't need airflow in the cabin to bleed the system.

jetstream87

Re: Radiator flush

Postby jetstream87 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:35 pm

Thanks! Unfortunately I will be draining through the bottom radiator hose since I got into an accident a few years back - the water cock is blocked (its an after market radiator as well).
I plan on doing this hopefully this weekend since we are suppose to get some rain next week here in So Cal.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”