Picked up a 2023 Rock Creek yesterday

Moderator: palmerwmd

User avatar
Homer J
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:46 am

Re: Picked up a 2023 Rock Creek yesterday

Postby Homer J » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:17 am

Just got word from the insurance company. They have declared the vehicle a total loss. This is what the body shop wrote:

"OBVIOUS TOTAL LOSS, ROOF RAILS BUCKLED ON BOTH SIDES, BOTH FRONT DOORS DROP WHEN YOU OPEN THEM, REAR FLOOR & RAILS ARE DESTROYED.

CANNOT BE REPAIRED."


Time to find a nice 2024 Rock Creek.


User avatar
VStar650CL
Posts: 540
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:19 pm

Re: Picked up a 2023 Rock Creek yesterday

Postby VStar650CL » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:49 am

Yep, I was afraid of that. Collapsed frame underneath all that bent trim. Think of it this way, it buckled and went to heaven saving its owners. Kiss it goodbye fondly, it did its job.
:)

User avatar
Homer J
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:46 am

Re: Picked up a 2023 Rock Creek yesterday

Postby Homer J » Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:26 am

VStar650CL wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:49 am
Yep, I was afraid of that. Collapsed frame underneath all that bent trim. Think of it this way, it buckled and went to heaven saving its owners. Kiss it goodbye fondly, it did its job.
:)
If only we had more time together. :cry: Tomorrow would be our four month anniversary.

Now we just have to pray the insurance company does right by us when it comes to payoff.

User avatar
Homer J
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:46 am

Re: Picked up a 2023 Rock Creek yesterday

Postby Homer J » Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:09 pm

In case anyone is interested… https://www.copart.com/lot/78880613

User avatar
palmerwmd
Site Admin
Posts: 2343
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:45 am
Location: Mid Atlantic

Re: Picked up a 2023 Rock Creek yesterday

Postby palmerwmd » Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:42 pm

Homer J wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:09 pm
In case anyone is interested… https://www.copart.com/lot/78880613
Thats not too bad for a copart car. Not too bad at all.

So aree you getting another one? :)
Seems like all the considerations that had to ge tit to begin with are still in place and now you have an addtional one (that it protects so well) :wink:

User avatar
Homer J
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:46 am

Re: Picked up a 2023 Rock Creek yesterday

Postby Homer J » Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:23 am

palmerwmd wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:42 pm
Homer J wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:09 pm
In case anyone is interested… https://www.copart.com/lot/78880613
Thats not too bad for a copart car. Not too bad at all.

So aree you getting another one? :)
Seems like all the considerations that had to ge tit to begin with are still in place and now you have an addtional one (that it protects so well) :wink:
Actually, picked up the new one three weeks ago. Identical to the old one except it’s a 2024 model.

User avatar
palmerwmd
Site Admin
Posts: 2343
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:45 am
Location: Mid Atlantic

Re: Picked up a 2023 Rock Creek yesterday

Postby palmerwmd » Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:56 pm

Homer J wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:23 am
palmerwmd wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:42 pm
Homer J wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:09 pm
In case anyone is interested… https://www.copart.com/lot/78880613
Thats not too bad for a copart car. Not too bad at all.

So aree you getting another one? :)
Seems like all the considerations that had to ge tit to begin with are still in place and now you have an addtional one (that it protects so well) :wink:
Actually, picked up the new one three weeks ago. Identical to the old one except it’s a 2024 model.
great! 8)
How did you make out with the money?
Any extra out of pocket for it being a '24?

User avatar
Homer J
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:46 am

Re: Picked up a 2023 Rock Creek yesterday

Postby Homer J » Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:01 pm

palmerwmd wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:56 pm
Homer J wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:23 am
palmerwmd wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:42 pm


Thats not too bad for a copart car. Not too bad at all.

So aree you getting another one? :)
Seems like all the considerations that had to ge tit to begin with are still in place and now you have an addtional one (that it protects so well) :wink:
Actually, picked up the new one three weeks ago. Identical to the old one except it’s a 2024 model.
great! 8)
How did you make out with the money?
Any extra out of pocket for it being a '24?

Not good. We put $10,000 down and got $3,000 for our trade when we bought the ‘23. We financed about $40,000. When we got hit, we had just made the first payment so the balance of what we owed was around $39,400. The insurance paid us $41,000. So, the loan was covered but we still lost about $11,000 that we’ll never see again.

We went into the purchase of the ‘24 with nothing.

User avatar
palmerwmd
Site Admin
Posts: 2343
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:45 am
Location: Mid Atlantic

Re: Picked up a 2023 Rock Creek yesterday

Postby palmerwmd » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:30 am

Homer J wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:01 pm
palmerwmd wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:56 pm
Homer J wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:23 am


Actually, picked up the new one three weeks ago. Identical to the old one except it’s a 2024 model.
great! 8)
How did you make out with the money?
Any extra out of pocket for it being a '24?

Not good. We put $10,000 down and got $3,000 for our trade when we bought the ‘23. We financed about $40,000. When we got hit, we had just made the first payment so the balance of what we owed was around $39,400. The insurance paid us $41,000. So, the loan was covered but we still lost about $11,000 that we’ll never see again.

We went into the purchase of the ‘24 with nothing.
I understand.
Sorry to hear you lost your equity in the car..:(
I very sincerly hope this will not sour you on your connection to your fantastic new vehicle.

Also on a good note though, we are fortunate nothing happend to the passengers (could be a lot worse outcome) and that while others have so little we are the global 1% in terms of wealth.
I am thankful for that always. 8)


Return to “2022+ Pathfinder (R53)”