Losing time

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Spatula

Losing time

Postby Spatula » Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:56 am

Hey everyone,

I have a 2012 PF, with the back up camera/rear climate control etc. On January 1, 2023 I set the clock to match my phone, right down to the second lol.
Today, the PF clock is running about 3-1/2 minutes behind! Is this a symptom of something else that I should be worried about?

We've had her 4 years now, with minimal issues. But in that time the Bose control screen has gone black and rebooted while I was driving about 3 times. I don't think the radio even stopped, just the screen went black and then started up again with the Nissan logo. I haven't worried too much about it, as it happens once a year and doesn't affect driving.
Not sure if that's related to the clock losing time?

TooMuchControl

Re: Losing time

Postby TooMuchControl » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:10 pm

clocks are Hz, and they require good minimum voltages to keep things accurate.

how old is the battery - have this checked to make sure it's able to hold the minimum good voltages and charge. Dollars to donuts I think your battery is telling you something.

At the very minimum I would ensure to clean both battery contacts and reconnect everything up and make these are solid.

Regina. Cold this time of year, battery drains off a bit at night no matter what you do and this may be a symptom that your battery can not hold proper charge.

Spatula

Postby Spatula » Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:42 pm

Yes, it is cold right now (-31°c / -24°f), but the clock has been falling more behind all year. The battery was new in October 2021. I will check the terminals and maybe throw on the trickle charger tomorrow. She was a bit reluctant to start the first time today, but started up and never flinched once she'd warmed up.

TooMuchControl

Postby TooMuchControl » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:54 pm

I think it's just the basic part of the equation to eliminate, for me.
You could be chasing something else, but it's worth just making sure main ground and terminals are good.

I didn't realize is was occurring for a while.

Did you install an after market remote starter, anything like this in the past year?

Return to “R51 Electrical”