LED Projector Headlights

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

ShipFixer

LED Projector Headlights

Postby ShipFixer » Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:35 pm

Here comes my next upgrade, courtesy of HIDprojectors.com . I wanted to retain a stock look next to the new OEM grill, etc. Going to stuff some extra butyl rubber around the seals and put some protective film on first, but excited to get these on. Already have the modern LED projector foglights and they are worlds better.

Image[/URL]

TooMuchControl

Re: LED Projector Headlights

Postby TooMuchControl » Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:23 am

Already have the modern LED projector foglights and they are worlds better.
Do tell. What did you install?

I have the projector style headlights on mine and I went with the Philips Ultinon. There are small dark spots compared to the original reflectors, but the visibility is better. I've grown used to it now.

ShipFixer

Postby ShipFixer » Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:06 pm

I have the SIEMID ones from the other thread:

https://a.co/d/16ezRlH

I get more inprovement from them vs stock than I get from the Katana bulbs in my stock housing. Katanas are pretty good but there are times like driving across the desert on a moonless night where I wish I had LED projectors.

ShipFixer

Postby ShipFixer » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:32 pm

Last edited by ShipFixer on Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShipFixer

Postby ShipFixer » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:39 am

Finally got these in today. HIDProjectors opened and resealed these, but I ran a line of butyl rubber around the seams for extra water intrusion protection. Ceramic coated with Gtechniq this and that, should stay clear for the long run!

I followed the instructions found on most of the forums. Did not remove the front bumper cover, I just unbolted it from the fenders and removed the clips under the grille so I could pull it out of the way far enough to access the bottom two bolts holding the headlight assemblies in place.

Original right side:

New left side going in:

Fit of the ANZO headlight assemblies is pretty close to OEM; I put some ANZO headlights on a 2001 Sentra long ago and they were nowhere near this close. No issues there. Just drove around and the beam pattern is excellent. Far, far better than halogens or the Katana LED bulbs I was using. The Katanas are very bright but throw light "everywhere." Better than other brands, but not great when you are on the highway alone on a moonless night in the desert in California.

I like that I kept the stock look while also getting modern projectors. HIDProjectors.com gives you a choice of blacked out or stock chrome; I went with the latter.

Return to “R51 Electrical”