New 4 Runner

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

TooMuchControl

New 4 Runner

Postby TooMuchControl » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:11 pm

Something that I've been eyeing for some time, is the release of the latest version of the 4Runner.

My first impression is that they did very little with it, but I have myself wondering if I really want a 4 cylinder in an SUV of this size. Nonetheless, this is a good vehicle. The interior room does not look impressive. It's the one dissapointed I have with these mid size trucks, is the second row room and not the best.

A vehicle that has me interested, is the latest Ford Ranger. With the 2.7 twin turbo V6, it seems the right power plant. I'd very much prefer the Everest SUV version of that model, but that is not coming to NA.

What is Nissan going to do with a possible Xterra?

What has me intrigued is the newest Armada QX80 that has the 3.5L twin turbo V6. If Nissan was going to go Nismo on it's brand, it would be a great toned down engine to use as a Bronco competitor?

A vehicle that has me thinking crazy thoughts are a used LR4. It's just the perfect size vehicle, with the right power plant, the right heritage, and probably the best comfort and room. Only problem is the outrageous costs of owning one and finding parts.

VStar650CL

Re: New 4 Runner

Postby VStar650CL » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:23 pm

They're already marketing a new Navarra-based X in the Middle East, IMHO it looks kind of like a Frontier and a Rogue had a baby:
https://www.nissan-me.com/vehicles/new/x-terra.html

Scuttlebutt is that something will be in the US in 2025. In the ME the only available powerplant is a 2.5L L4 (I presume the PR25 used in the gen6 Altima) but coupled with a 7-speed instead of a CVT. Decent but not inspiring, but the Navarra version may be getting a facelift and upgrade in '25. So again scuttlebutt, but a USDM might well have the 3.5L and 9-speed from the R53 Pathy.

TooMuchControl

Postby TooMuchControl » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:16 pm

What mercenary group has to bring over that Nissan Patrol Safari.
My o my.

VStar650CL

Postby VStar650CL » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:05 am

I agree. They basically turned the regular Patrol into a 6-cyl Armada (Armadillo?), but the Safari is a different story. That's a beast. I know a lot of guys who would buy one in a heartbeat if they brought it here.
:D

silverarrow27

Postby silverarrow27 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:20 pm

I watched the TFL review of the new 4runner. I like it and wouldn't mind getting into one if I was in the market and had the funds for it.

Return to “R51 General Chat”