I found this very interesting

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

TooMuchControl

Re: I found this very interesting

Postby TooMuchControl » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:12 pm

It's a little bit of a conversion. I have to keep the OCS from 2005 of course. The signal output is the same. It's still a transducer/feedback, etc.

Nissan never changed anything. Three wires, the same colour, going to a newer sensor, built into the rails of the seat. instead of the bladder. I think it's a fore and aft seating contact, to replace the bladder. They did away with the seat tensioner contact in the Frontier, all together for the OCS, before the model changed, if I recall.

VStar650CL

Postby VStar650CL » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:50 pm

TooMuchControl wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:12 pm
Nissan never changed anything. Three wires, the same colour, going to a newer sensor, built into the rails of the seat. instead of the bladder. I think it's a fore and aft seating contact, to replace the bladder. They did away with the seat tensioner contact in the Frontier, all together for the OCS, before the model changed, if I recall.
None of the newer stuff has bladders, they all use fore-and-aft load cells sandwiched into the inboard seat rail. They do need calibration, but that's a small price to be able to repair them without replacing a whole seat cushion or frame. The load cells are available as separate service parts on most models. Color me happy. Seat parts aren't just expensive, for the most part they're a royal pain in the a$$.

AS_The_Crow_Flys

Postby AS_The_Crow_Flys » Wed May 01, 2024 1:13 pm

TooMuchControl wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:12 pm
It's a little bit of a conversion. I have to keep the OCS from 2005 of course. The signal output is the same. It's still a transducer/feedback, etc.

I still don't understand what you did or need to do to make these seats work. I know you are not required to, but is there any chance you could explain in a more do XYZ type approach or point us to support or other information that we might use to figure out how it can be done?

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”