Transponder Key Programming - How to?

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

spottyj

Transponder Key Programming - How to?

Postby spottyj » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:14 pm

2004 Pathfinder, LE

Absent the dealer with "CONSULT-II" device and software, is there a way to program the Transponder Keys?

I had a Toyota that the manual stated you need dealer to program the keys, but there was a manual method (steps to manually program were similar to: open door, key to accy position, unlock door, depress brake, lock door, etc, etc - after so many inputs, it enabled the programming mode for the transponder keys).

Absent any manual method, any ideas where I can go besides the dealer? (the dealer wants $80 to program the keys!)

TIA

Regards,

SpottyJ

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:23 pm

I searched this out thoroughly for both the R50 and R51. The only way I could ever find being able to do it is with a programmer. Most up-to-date locksmiths will have the capabilities to program your key for you from a known good one. I can't vouch for the pricing though.

spottyj

Postby spottyj » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:22 pm

blink32 wrote:I searched this out thoroughly for both the R50 and R51. The only way I could ever find being able to do it is with a programmer. Most up-to-date locksmiths will have the capabilities to program your key for you from a known good one. I can't vouch for the pricing though.
Thanks form the info - that's what my initial researching was indicating, but was not sure.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:06 am

No prob. I was a bit bent when I found this out. With PATS style transponders (Ford and maybe GM?) all you need is one or two known good keys and you can program any number of extra keys with a sequence of in's and outs, on's and off's and the seat belt.

Tech

Postby Tech » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:09 pm

you can't do it.

You have to get a secuity code out of the BCM with the consult, then submit it to Nissan. They reply with another code that allows you to access the NATS security. You need consult and the right card to accompany it. There is no aftermarket support for this.

good news;
dealer charge; about 0.2/0.3 - bring ALL your keys

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”