Junior Karting @ Jim Russell Racing School

Amateur Photographer? Us too. Post your latest choice shots, doesn't necessarily have to be automotive related.

Moderator: volvite

RacerZX
Site Admin

Junior Karting @ Jim Russell Racing School

Postby RacerZX » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:12 pm

A year and a half ago, just after my son turned 8, I got him a trip to the Jim Russell Karting School at Sears Point. I did a big write-up of the class at the time, read here for more if you're curious.

Anyway, so yesterday was my daughter Sera's turn for the beginner Karting class, my son Mischa's turn for the Advanced class, so here's some cool pics from the day:

Last edited by RacerZX on Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:17 am

That is cool. I'm sure they had a blast. I think my wife would have a heart attack if I signed my son up for that. Of course we have a few years before I can even think about that, since he is only 17 months old.

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:29 am

It's pretty darn safe as long as your child's sense of self preservation is reasonably well developed (I.E. he/she doesn't just drive full speed into the tire wall. Spins and such from normal driving are totally a non-issue). Go to the link at the top of my son's first time Karting, there's a video in there that'll give you a better feel for the speeds and the track layout.

Return to “Photo Gallery”