playing around.. bumper design

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

marked001

playing around.. bumper design

Postby marked001 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:37 pm

grabbed this lo-poly pathfinder model off of www.formfonts.com and started making it a little more detailed... started with the lights (tails still suck).. also grabbed these tires off of www.turbosquid.com ..need to work on them a bit too. anyway... going to start messing around with some bumper designs for the hell of it (yes, i get bored).. i know this isnt really accurate b/c its missing the cutout for the hitch.. just never get the energy to go take some measurements.. anyway..here is the first pass..

Last edited by marked001 on Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:25 pm

I like where this is going. I realize your just rough drafting so if I repeat things your already thinking of I apologize.

Some suggestions, resize the pics just a bit. You must have a huge monitor ;) I'd like to see thicker mounts for D rings. Maybe have it dip down just under/lower than the bumper and have it wrap around the sides too.

What do app do you use to do this in?

marked001

Postby marked001 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:53 pm

yeah...i'm with you on the wrap.. I'm gonna get to that... i'm going to get the cut out for the hitch in there and have it bump up around that.. not really loving the angles and stuff...looked better in my head..haha..

this was modelled in SketchUp which at the moment, which isnt the greatest for organic modelling.. but its what i work with..so i adapt.. rendering is done in Maxwell Render www.maxwelrender.com

i'll resize the pics.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:57 pm

Very nice. I myself dabble in mspaint.......lol I've just about perfected the unstraight line when attempting to create an arrow.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”