Timren suspension feedback

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Sven1olaf

Timren suspension feedback

Postby Sven1olaf » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:12 am

Hi guys

I have been weighing the pros and cons of the OME and PRG suspension kits and have found that although I'm sure they are both great products, I can't find a shop to put them in for me. So I have talked to a few of the guys at Nissan here in town and they both mentioned Timren as a decent alternative. I have never heard of this solution before for anything other than heavy trailer towing and wanted to know if u guys have any feedback.

I do very little towing but more general hauling. I'm worried that this is a solution, just not the one I am really looking for.

The rear is more of an immediate concern because of what I carry daily, but I want to do the front too so I can throw an ARB bumper on.

Any suggestions would help.

Thanks

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:20 pm

I found a Timbren, but no Timren. Never heard of them before now. Here's the link to their Nissan pages:

http://www.timbren.com/timbren-applicat ... nissan.htm

And the front suspension application guide:

http://www.timbren.com/timbren-applicat ... F1004A.pdf

This is not even close to what you would get with the OME, as this Timbren thing isn't a suspension replacement.

I haul things around all the time, and I can honestly say the OME is a huge improvement over stock. I have yet to bottom out with the OME, whereas I bottomed out the stock all the time in town, carrying NO load whatsoever.

You don't have any 4x4 shops in your area? I could see a Pepboys or whatever not wanting to do it, but a 4x4 shop would.

Sven1olaf

Postby Sven1olaf » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:43 pm

thanks nvsteve

the more i think about it, the more im realizing this solution is a mere bandaid. anything less than the OME setup will only take hours off my sleep at night. and after looking at those pdf's u posted, its pretty much set that im not going the timbren route.

its a sad sad reality that i have been searching for 3 weeks now, some days more extensive than others, but still searching for a shop to do the suspension upgrade for me. as soon as i tell them its a pathfinder they kinda do the whole, ... ... ... ..., thing and now i've learned to just say thanks and leave.

im going to stay positive in the hopes that someone out there will take my money and put the new suspension on for me. they dont even have to do the alignment, i know a guy that should be able to take care of that for me.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:57 pm

Sven1olaf wrote:thanks nvsteve

its a sad sad reality that i have been searching for 3 weeks now, some days more extensive than others, but still searching for a shop to do the suspension upgrade for me. as soon as i tell them its a pathfinder they kinda do the whole, ... ... ... ..., thing and now i've learned to just say thanks and leave.
I thought, and I am probably dead wrong on this, but I thought you had posted you live in the upper midwest? Where exactly do you live? Maybe someone on here knows of a place.

I didn't have that problem where I live. In fact, every 4x4 shop would do it. Prices ranged from $200-600 to have it installed. Not one of them balked at it being a Pathfinder, and all of them were relieved when I told them it was the ARB OME suspension, and most of them carry ARB products.

Maybe you'll have to take a quick weekend vacation to the nearest town/city that has a shop.

Sven1olaf

Postby Sven1olaf » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:25 pm

im in Fargo, ND and its crazy that i can't find anyone to do this because there are tons of new Nissans on the road here. in the city of course, 20 miles out of town in either direction and u get the stink eye if ur driving an import of any sort. but here in the city, Nissan is obviously doing well. everything from Titans, to Armadas, to 370z's are all over the roads.

all the Titans are getting mods of all sorts, but the Pathys are rolling plain Jane stock.

Suliman

Postby Suliman » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:13 pm

Meh, spend a weekend and run down to St Cloud or the Cities and get it done, make a weekend out of it. :)

Sven1olaf

Postby Sven1olaf » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:00 am

i may have actually found a guy that will do it. he comes highly recommended from a few of the locals i have run into in my search.

i will have to go and see what he thinks sometime later this week.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”