vdc?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

me&pathy

vdc?

Postby me&pathy » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:22 pm

Is there any way to completely disable the vdc? i know if you push the switch it will disable the traction control but, i was given a challenge today by friend to see if i could the pathfinder side ways, well i did but the when ever the truck would let go and the back would slide the stability control kicked on and flashed the slip light. I have also noticed that the infiniti will do this to. so is there a trick to completely shutting it off without pulling the fuse? Once the pathy got side ways it was pretty cool to see. :D

Captain
Sponsored Member

Postby Captain » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:18 am

The VDC can be turned off with the dash switch. You were hearing the ABLS working. It was stopping the wheels from spining at different speeds to help traction. I imagin you could pull the fuse for ABLS under the hood.
I've had the Pathfinder drifting before in the rain.

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:12 am

you will eventually flip it trying to drift.

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:33 am

Captain caveman wrote:The VDC can be turned off with the dash switch. You were hearing the ABLS working. It was stopping the wheels from spining at different speeds to help traction. I imagin you could pull the fuse for ABLS under the hood.
I've had the Pathfinder drifting before in the rain.
o for got about that part o well its fine. but ya the general tires let it go when the vdc is off.

dmasini

Postby dmasini » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:43 am

While I don't think I'd ever want to get my Pathy sideways; pulling the fuse for the ABLS and sutting off the VDC in a V8 makes for some pretty lengthy burn-outs. :)

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:20 pm

dmasini wrote:While I don't think I'd ever want to get my Pathy sideways; pulling the fuse for the ABLS and sutting off the VDC in a V8 makes for some pretty lengthy burn-outs. :)

cant you delete the wide open throttle restrictor for the 2wd v8's, that would be a long a** burn out.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”