Front LCD question

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

admisgd

Front LCD question

Postby admisgd » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:22 pm

First post nice forum you guys have here :)

I purchased an 08 SE pathfinder last week love the truck but I have a question. My pathfinder has the non navigation LCD up front it looks like this.

sorry for the blurry pic it was from my phone.

I am working on installing headrest LCD's in the back for the kid's ( I only have one kid and she isn't even old enough to face forward yet so it may be a little more for me ;) ). The units I am using have the DVD player built into the the lcd's but I am planning to run the Audio/Video out from one to the audio/video in the second so both LCD's can watch the same DVD. I wanted to run the audio/video out on the second LCD to the factory front so all 3 screens could play the same DVD.

Now for the question. Has anyone taken that LCD out and seen if it has an extra audio/video input on it and if it does what button would switch it on/off? As I understand it if you have the DVD package you can watch DVD's on the front LCD when in park so I would think the input would be there but for all I know it uses a totally diff LCD up front.

I did a search but have not come up with much. Thanks in advance.

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:46 pm

hi,

im assuming you have the rear vew camera option ?
if yes, you can connect the dvd player to an extra input of the rear view camera.

same if you wanna connect a nav as well.

see this thread

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... highlight=

admisgd

Postby admisgd » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:10 am

mar1nasr wrote:hi,

im assuming you have the rear vew camera option ?
if yes, you can connect the dvd player to an extra input of the rear view camera.

same if you wanna connect a nav as well.

see this thread

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... highlight=
Yes I have the rear view camera option it looks like that thread covers what I was looking for. I was hoping there would be an RCA in type input there but it looks like I will need to do some splicing.

Thanks!

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:08 am

dude, the rear camera input is RCA :roll:

and for sound input, just splice it in parallel with the aux. port under the A/C controls,

that way, you can control volume from steering wheel controls instead of remote control

admisgd

Postby admisgd » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:22 am

mar1nasr wrote:dude, the rear camera input is RCA :roll:

and for sound input, just splice it in parallel with the aux. port under the A/C controls,

that way, you can control volume from steering wheel controls instead of remote control
It didn't look like it from the pictures, well that will make things much easier.

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”