A few problems i need resolved--sorry its so long

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

AwesomeAlex

A few problems i need resolved--sorry its so long

Postby AwesomeAlex » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:09 pm

I have a 1996 Pathfinder LE 4x4 automatic transmission. I've had it since around August of 2007. It has been a great car until about 6 months ago. I was driving down the road when out of nowhere my truck just starts sputtering and finally stalls out. I couldn't get it started for about 10 tries. I finally got it started and limped home. I had it towed to my regular shop and they changed my distributor rotor and cap, spark plugs, and wires. It started right up. On the way back home, the truck began to do what it did before, except much less severe. It was kinda like the truck was coughing. It was most noticeable when I'm stopped at a red light in gear. In park, the coughing was there, but very little. This problem has persisted and gotten worse. It idles anywhere from 1500 RPM to 900 RPM and you can see the RPMs fluctuating everywhere in idle and in gear, worse in gear. I've replaced the TPS and I've cleaned the MAF. This weekend I'm replacing the fuel filter and seafoaming the engine. Is there anything else it could be? Please help!

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”