Why I change my own oil

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

fresnoDave

Why I change my own oil

Postby fresnoDave » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:49 pm

Brought my new (to me) pathy home last night, today I noticed an oil spot in the drive, took a look underneath and the oil seemed to be dripping from the drain plug. Grabbed a hold of the drain plug and turned it with my fingers: it was only hand tight! Wiped up the oil and tightened the plug properly, no more leakage. this is why I change my own oil.

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:00 am

they probably had some kid they pay $5.00 an hour change it. good thing you caught it before you need a new engine

cruzstyle

Postby cruzstyle » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:08 am

yes that is a good reason plus oyu save money my last oil change cost me 38.00 for full synthetic oil and the filter. the next cheapest place was walmart and they charge 59.99 plus tax for the same job

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:47 am

Prior to my Path purchase, I took all my vehicles in to have someone service them. I've lost count on the number of times I've popped the hood afterwards (a necessity) and found expensive tools lying in the engine compartment or the dipstick lying somewhere other than in the dipstick holder. I don't have the room to change it myself & I'm coming close to the end of my 3 year free services from Nissan, so I'll probably be taking it back in to someone again-not looking forward to it.

Return to “General Automotive”