bmw and the pathfinder

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

me&pathy

bmw and the pathfinder

Postby me&pathy » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:50 pm

So.... I was out yesterday and had this guy in a 330i the two door, and he was on my rear for the better part of a mile, well the road i was on goes from two lanes to one so i blink to get over and this dick cuts over and speeds up. So i laid in on it and i was very surprised the bmw was dead even with the pathfinder. Well he chickened out and i got in front. But i was surprise how hard she can pull. I would take the V6 in the pathy over that inline 6 any day.

KEVSTER

Postby KEVSTER » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:08 pm

I have had a similare encounter, yes the 4.0 Pathy really screams,most impressive. Did the BMW clown give ya the finger? :wink:

bigmankz

Postby bigmankz » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:25 pm

Many people here where I live are very surprised by how hard can this large truck pulls. I just wish we had a better quality gas at he pump. :( I tested my Pathy on a drag strip and it managed 16.5 sec in a quarter mile. I think it is not bad for 2.5 ton truck at a almost 1km elevation with bad fuel in the tank.

The_David

Postby The_David » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:53 pm

lol
the 330 only has 225 or so hp and weighs almost 3400 lbs.
i'd say they are pretty close to each other until you get into the 70+ mph range. I happen to have a 328 also, and the torque from the truck can snap any one's neck of the line lol

Sven1olaf

Postby Sven1olaf » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:54 pm

i love it

out here by me, its the land of highways laid out on a pure grid. North, South, East, and West, you could tie a rope to the wheel and fall asleep at times it seems. so when you have traffic on the highway, you're riding with them for miles on top of miles at times. its also pretty rural when you get out of the city and a lot of the guys out there do NOT like foreign vehicles.

i run into the guys that speed up as you are passing on a two lane, guys that dont move over when im merging onto the highway, and the guys that troll in the fast lane right next to a semi.

im not out to make enemies on the road, but enough is enough and sometimes you just gotta throw it down and watch em disappear in the rearview. the look on some of these guys faces as i blow by them is priceless. lots of Explorers, Yukons, and pickups of all sorts have been destroyed by this great freakin truck!!!

i put a ton of miles on every week and have tested my V6 Pathy day in and day out. but my favorite days (these were the days that laid to rest ANY buyers remorse i may have had) came in the middle of last winter. it was a cold, harsh winter out here and the highways are ice covered and windblown if they are open at all. i would drop the Pathy in 4 wheel and put on the cruise control and enjoy the ride, passing 1 and 3/4 ton pickups along the way. fearing that i was being to cocky and maybe a bit overzealous i slowed down a bit and tried to break her free, a quick jerk left then pull right a bit, but amazingly she held tight. and even in the worst of it, a bit of finesse on the throttle and ur good as gold. anyone else that gets to drive the Pathy on winter roads knows what i mean, this truck handles low traction, blown over highways like none other i have gotten the chance to enjoy.

alright enough of my ranting... enjoy the ride

:D :D :D

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:01 pm

The_David wrote:lol
i'd say they are pretty close to each other until you get into the 70+ mph range. I happen to have a 328 also, and the torque from the truck can snap any one's neck of the line lol
well we where dead even up to he pathfinder's fuel cut. Id so pull the limiter if i could afford to do a really good break kit on it.

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:05 pm

Sven1olaf wrote:i love it

out here by me, its the land of highways laid out on a pure grid. North, South, East, and West, you could tie a rope to the wheel and fall asleep at times it seems. so when you have traffic on the highway, you're riding with them for miles on top of miles at times. its also pretty rural when you get out of the city and a lot of the guys out there do NOT like foreign vehicles.

i run into the guys that speed up as you are passing on a two lane, guys that dont move over when im merging onto the highway, and the guys that troll in the fast lane right next to a semi.

im not out to make enemies on the road, but enough is enough and sometimes you just gotta throw it down and watch em disappear in the rearview. the look on some of these guys faces as i blow by them is priceless. lots of Explorers, Yukons, and pickups of all sorts have been destroyed by this great freakin truck!!!

i put a ton of miles on every week and have tested my V6 Pathy day in and day out. but my favorite days (these were the days that laid to rest ANY buyers remorse i may have had) came in the middle of last winter. it was a cold, harsh winter out here and the highways are ice covered and windblown if they are open at all. i would drop the Pathy in 4 wheel and put on the cruise control and enjoy the ride, passing 1 and 3/4 ton pickups along the way. fearing that i was being to cocky and maybe a bit overzealous i slowed down a bit and tried to break her free, a quick jerk left then pull right a bit, but amazingly she held tight. and even in the worst of it, a bit of finesse on the throttle and ur good as gold. anyone else that gets to drive the Pathy on winter roads knows what i mean, this truck handles low traction, blown over highways like none other i have gotten the chance to enjoy.

alright enough of my ranting... enjoy the ride

:D :D :D
where i live its very rural a lot of guys with raised pick ups, drives me batty but the way the V6 goes in the pathfinder im sure the V8 pathfinders are monster's. Iv been able to prove that she will burn a 4.4l X5, In a straight line of course. Im very happy with the truck, its only a two wheel drive but its been down some 4x4 only trails lol. I feel bad for who ever the second owner of this wonder full truck will be.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:07 pm

me&pathy wrote:
The_David wrote:lol
well we where dead even up to he pathfinder's fuel cut. Id so pull the limiter if i could afford to do a really good break kit on it.
the superchips tuner has the rev limiter and WOT restriction as options to turn off. makes a big difference.

coom1986

Postby coom1986 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:15 am

Some of the drivers here (UAE) are pretty bad as well..You got guys tail gating you like an inch from your bumper!! like some one said, i dont like to make enemies but what i normally do is, get on to the slow lane (on a 2lane road) let them over take me and then get back on their tail :twisted: ..hehehe and then just watch them try to run all the while being behind them!! Love this truck serously...

GimmieSumMo72

Postby GimmieSumMo72 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:03 am

obviously the guy in the 330i doesn't know about the kickdown button on his car... (it's hidden but in a very convenient place)

Tez

Postby Tez » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:22 am

Kickdown.... button? Really? A button for kickdown? That's odd.

GimmieSumMo72

Postby GimmieSumMo72 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:41 am

actually not really that odd...

remember all bmw's are sports cars not luxury cars.

the button when activated, the ECU puts it in sport mode which changes the shifting points of the transmission and enables WOT on the electronic throttle bodies.

Tez

Postby Tez » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:24 am

But it's an actual button? I thought kickdown was done with extra linkage back in the day and by throtle position/ecm now. Where is the button?

GimmieSumMo72

Postby GimmieSumMo72 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:45 pm

the button is usually located underneath the gas pedal on the BMW's.

when you think it's floored... think again.

hold the gas pedal firmly to the floor, then push a little harder... your head will hit the headrest and you'll feel like you own the batmobile!

the main reason bmw uses I6's vs. V6's is that I6's are naturally smoother and efficient engines. they also take up less space (lesser displacement).

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:28 pm

GimmieSumMo72 wrote:the button is usually located underneath the gas pedal on the BMW's.

when you think it's floored... think again.

hold the gas pedal firmly to the floor, then push a little harder... your head will hit the headrest and you'll feel like you own the batmobile!

the main reason bmw uses I6's vs. V6's is that I6's are naturally smoother and efficient engines. they also take up less space (lesser displacement).
i dont know about that, i drove a 2009 328i sedan and it wasnt that quick, sport mode made a difference in throttle response though. Still not any faster than the pathfinder.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”