New shoes for the the Pathy

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

slavabon

Postby slavabon » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:26 pm

Sven1olaf,
Thanks for your reply. What does the K/O stand for on the BFG A/Ts?
Also, let me know about whether your rims required hubcentric rings to be centered on the hub. Usually these are plastic inserts that are fitted between the rim and the hub as mos aftermarket rims have hub openings cut wider. Ask them next time you go for rotation. Thanks for your help and advise.

Sven1olaf

Postby Sven1olaf » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:56 pm

no problem Slavabon,

im pretty sure that there are hubcentric rings, i dont know for sure, but they came with the wheels, i just dont know if they needed them or not, i will find out by the end of the month when i get my tires rotated.

here is a link to the BFGoodrich All-terrain t/a k/o's

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp ... n+T%2FA+KO

also, i forget what year your Pathy is, but i know that the bolt pattern for the '08 is 6 on 4.5. im pretty sure that the earlier models had 6 on 5.5's. any tire dealer should be able to look that up no problem, its probably in ur manual as well.

the positive offset is also an issue. i forget what the exact number is to ensure a true flush mount, but that info should also be fairly easily attained.

i hope this helps

njpathy

Postby njpathy » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:56 pm

Completly changes the truck doesn't it? Here's a pic of mine, don't regret doing it one bit.

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... light=mods

Sven1olaf

Postby Sven1olaf » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:42 pm

Yeah NJPATHY it sure does.

i have to admit and apologize because i incorrectly said that it was njsteve that inspired me, but it was you NJ.

my intention was not to copy your rig (which looks kick a$$ by the way), but it turned out that i had only 3 options of wheels to choose from, and the other 2 were chrome.

and anyway, obviously i have a loooong way to go. ur custom rack and light job is great work.

i just wanted to set the record straight. :D

kramer

Postby kramer » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:25 am

Question about the wheels..

Are those little silver nuts (or whatever) around the rim removable? Reason I ask is because I like the wheels, but I'd want to paint those things black or get rid of them entirely.

team3b

Postby team3b » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:05 am

Sven and NJPAthy,

I am really digging your wheels. I was just curious how you guys handled the TPMS? Did you guys swap out or just do without?

Sven1olaf

Postby Sven1olaf » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:16 pm

@kramer: the "silver nuts" are not removable. i am pretty sure that XD makes a similar wheel without them. i was hesitant about them at first also, but they have really grown on me now.

@team3b: i had the TPMS swapped over to the new wheels. pretty simple to do. i was worried about the level of functionality post-transfer, but they work great.

xkci99x

Postby xkci99x » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:40 am

Sven1olaf wrote:Hey guys. I just wanted to drop in and let you know how the new tires and wheels are doing.

Im at about 7100 miles on them right now and they still look, feel, and handle fantastic!!! There is not a hint of rub, and they wear very evenly. I was a bit hesitant at first about the aggressive tread pattern given the amount of miles I put on, but these tires can take it.

Here is a pic of this last weekend. I finally got a chance to get into some good Northern Wisconsin logging trails, national forests, and soggy bottom swampland. My plan was to take a before and after picture, but all I ended up getting was the before... lol. (a couple of the guys we were running bear dogs with ran into some bad luck, literally. they will be fine, but it put a damper on the weekend).

You're going to have to take my word for it, but the truck stood up like a champ. I ended up taking the running boards off, but that was about it. There was one spot that I really wanted to get into, but the rocks were huge, the slope was steep, and I still don't have my new suspension or armor on yet.

With those tires do you get a sound like you're riding on an airplane? I am looking at getting some wheels and tires but I'd hate to put up with that sound if that's what I'm getting.

xkci99x

Postby xkci99x » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:28 am

Sven1olaf wrote:Hey guys. I just wanted to drop in and let you know how the new tires and wheels are doing.

Im at about 7100 miles on them right now and they still look, feel, and handle fantastic!!! There is not a hint of rub, and they wear very evenly. I was a bit hesitant at first about the aggressive tread pattern given the amount of miles I put on, but these tires can take it.

Here is a pic of this last weekend. I finally got a chance to get into some good Northern Wisconsin logging trails, national forests, and soggy bottom swampland. My plan was to take a before and after picture, but all I ended up getting was the before... lol. (a couple of the guys we were running bear dogs with ran into some bad luck, literally. they will be fine, but it put a damper on the weekend).

You're going to have to take my word for it, but the truck stood up like a champ. I ended up taking the running boards off, but that was about it. There was one spot that I really wanted to get into, but the rocks were huge, the slope was steep, and I still don't have my new suspension or armor on yet.

With those tires do you get a sound like you're riding on an airplane? I am looking at getting some wheels and tires but I'd hate to put up with that sound if that's what I'm getting.

Sven1olaf

Postby Sven1olaf » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:12 pm

the road noise is remarkably quiet with the tires. im on the highway a ton for work, and there is little to no issue with the tread on the road. =]

V8Pathy

Postby V8Pathy » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:24 pm

looks great ! I like the black rims !

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:11 pm

How are the BFG's wearing? My 05 likes to chew the outer tread up. Was pretty bad with the stock BFG's and also with the Nitto Terra Grapplers. I swithced to a Michelin and it's a lot better. Michelins just aren't the best looking tires.

Sven1olaf

Postby Sven1olaf » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:54 pm

im at almost 30k miles on the BFGs and they are hanging in there like champs. :D

i still have an easy quarter inch of tread on all four.

granted i have been rotating them every 6k miles and do mostly highway driving, but i am very impressed with the longevity of these tires.

definitely will be the top contender when time comes to put new tires on.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”