A very technical question - What about cup holders?

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

punkajay

A very technical question - What about cup holders?

Postby punkajay » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:17 am

Greetings everyone,

I just purchased a red '95 XE V6 pathfinder as a birthday present for myself yesterday. I'm using it as my second car, and she's got 232K on it. The car had all the service records on it and was purchased from a sales manager at an Acura branch, so I figured the vehicle would have less headaches.

I've used similar forums in the past for my camry hybrid (yes, the anti-pathfinder) and I think they're great. I look forward to sharing ideas with all of you.

The first thing I'm going to do is install a K&N air filter, and we'll see what happens from there, but the burning question is, whadaheck are you all doing about cupholders?

PJ

n3ckf

Postby n3ckf » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:44 am

Thats a funny question!

Actually i have a '91 with 264K on it now. Runs great by the way.

Anyway, what i did is kind of ad-hoc. I tok a 2x3, cut off a piece and then screwed that to the floor in getween the two front seats, then i mounted 2 of the smaller "Euro" style cupholders to the top of it.

It works great. you need the height to get the cupholder body above the little "tray" thats under the hand brake in the 91 which has a lip thats about a half-inch high. A 2x3 is almost exactly the right size.

I dont have cupholders in the rear of mine, but it does give me 2 in the front. I found 2 wallboard screws anchor the 2x3 into the carpet well, without making it so long they penetrate the floor. (and its been pretty stable).

The only thing that happens is occasionally one of the plastic cupholders will break, in which case i go to a PepBoys and buy a new one. (its only happened to 1 of them in the last 7 years since i put this mod in though).
this is a picture of the cupholder i used

Thanks N3CKF

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”