pathfinder LE 2008 performance at 30,000

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

cane

pathfinder LE 2008 performance at 30,000

Postby cane » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:20 am

Hey,

So its been a year of driving this baby but lately im noticing the performance isn't what it used to be.
I'm just now at the 29,000 after a tire change to michelin cross terrain, its smoother at slow speeds & less bumpy for sure, but the the gears don't change up as quick as they use to & the acceleration seems less spritely, any ideas?

Will have to check in for the 30,000 service soon, I know that my rotors are warped but is there anything else I should have looked at for better performance ?
I drove a friends FJ cruiser the other day & that seemed to really shift.. I know for sure the pathfinder felt similar when I first drove it.

Cheers for any feedback. :)

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:55 am

I would flush the tranny put some good oil in it, and run 91 octane in it for a couple of tanks. see if that helps

KEVSTER

Postby KEVSTER » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:39 pm

Fill tank with Premium fuel, add a really good fuel injection cleaner to it, replace spark plugs with new plugs.. and check air cleaner. replace PCV valve, also service the transmission. I know what is said hear will perk the Pathy back up. as for the rotors, get the brakes checked replace as needed.

Npath

Postby Npath » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:58 pm

KEVSTER wrote:Fill tank with Premium fuel, add a really good fuel injection cleaner to it, replace spark plugs with new plugs.. and check air cleaner. replace PCV valve, also service the transmission. I know what is said hear will perk the Pathy back up. as for the rotors, get the brakes checked replace as needed.
Sorry, I don't think any of the following items would work, or a tranny flush. My 06 is running just the same as when I bought it new.

I'd suggest taking it to Nissan and get them to find out what's wrong. I get a feeling you're starting to get a tranny issue. DON'T QUOTE ME!... as it's the first thing that came to mind.

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:17 pm

Npath wrote:
KEVSTER wrote:Fill tank with Premium fuel, add a really good fuel injection cleaner to it, replace spark plugs with new plugs.. and check air cleaner. replace PCV valve, also service the transmission. I know what is said hear will perk the Pathy back up. as for the rotors, get the brakes checked replace as needed.
Sorry, I don't think any of the following items would work, or a tranny flush. My 06 is running just the same as when I bought it new.

I'd suggest taking it to Nissan and get them to find out what's wrong. I get a feeling you're starting to get a tranny issue. DON'T QUOTE ME!... as it's the first thing that came to mind.
no gas octane makes a difference as does injector cleaner, it shurley wont hurt it. My 06 turned 41k and the shifts have got slower because its due for a flush.

coom1986

Postby coom1986 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:20 am

Do you mean, its slow upshifting or downshifting when u gotta accelerate?? Whats your driving style like?? mostly city traffic or highway driving..
If its a delay while downshifting, mention it to them at the service..

dmasini

Postby dmasini » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:39 am

Do you have the V6 or the V8? My LE V8 has always had a bit of a clunk when shifting. I gotta agree with npath, I don't think any of the things suggested are going to give a noteable improvement over anything you may be feeling right now. Maybe at 60 to 70k but not just under 30k. Just take in at the 30k mark and explain what your feeling and let them do what they do...

cruzstyle

Postby cruzstyle » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:50 pm

are you guys getting drain and FLUSHES??? or drain and fills?

coom1986

Postby coom1986 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:42 pm

So whats the verdict?? Has there been any improvement?? And what did the dealer do, i'll also be going in for the 30K service soon,so just wanna check up on what you asked the dealer to check in addition to the regular 30k service routine.
Cheers..

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”