Tire/wheel and suspension upgrades

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

kperk

Tire/wheel and suspension upgrades

Postby kperk » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:27 am

So I'm new to off-roading and I only have a stock '04 Path. I want to enhance the capabilities of being able to take it through more rugged trails. I don't however want to make it a monster truck, just a nice upgrade from stock. Any suggestions, places to shop from, etc. would be helpful. Also anything anyone can think of that would improve my offroading experience. THANKS ALL!! :shock:

tarek

Postby tarek » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:29 am

1-Go for Good & wider tiers but not too much otherwise, you should replace the rings

2- improve the approch & departure angels. this can be done by lifting the car by 2". over lifting could be problem for the balance of the car while driving in sharp curves with high speed.

3- steel pumbers ( for extreem offroading)

4- Air intak & air filter. ( go for K&n)

guinnessjim

Postby guinnessjim » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:19 pm

do a quick forum search for tires....you get a variety of different A/T makes discussed (most people on here seem happy w/ their choice of shoe). then shop around and see what you can get a good deal on.

a suspension upgrade will do wonders for your trucks ability w/o making it a 'monster'. a number of use have done an OME upgrade (note, OME not OEM...Old Man Emu). i am very happy w/ mine as i believe most others are.

those two things will really improve the off road performance of your truck. the next step would be armoring yourself up (rails, underbody, etc.). this is for protection, not necessarily performance....still waiting to do this to my ride.

have fun.

kperk

Postby kperk » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:32 am

thanks guys, much useful info and i'll get back to what i decide to do!! :shock:

bigred07

Postby bigred07 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:34 pm

4x4parts.com sells two inch lift kits for the R50's, with that and a litle bit of trimming under the front of the front fender you can run some almost 33's if you want! Usually people run wheel spacers on the front too and you have to be carefull with the rin backspacing in the rear to make sure you can flex into the wheel wel.

Return to “General Automotive”