my 2001 pathfinder - (new developments)

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

Slaxl

my 2001 pathfinder - (new developments)

Postby Slaxl » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:26 pm

Hey guys - sometimes while i'm driving the A/C would just cut out (compressor - not the blower) start to get warm and then finally come on back - you guys have any clue what that might be? i'm figuring low pressure switch or something? i dunno - it happened on a mazda 626 i used to have and that was the low pressure switch. Or maybe the compressor is getting weak.....i dunno just wanted some of your thoughts.

And secondly - i'm concerned because for some reason or the other i just don't feel like my pathfinder is that powerful. I mean i've driven cars,trucks,suv's - new and old with more powerful and less powerful engines but to me this doesn't feel like a 240HP engine. When you are accelerating - i can;t explain it well but it just feels like something is keeping the pathfinder back. I dunno if intake or exhaust fixes or changes would help. Also i get better respone from the engine if i mash the accelerator pedal half way down as opposed to flooring it - when you floor it- it burns gas like crazy but doesnt feel like it has power.

Just wanted to see what you guys think. Thanks

max929

Postby max929 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:48 am

Your acceleration issues sound like a pre-Cat problem. 01-04 Pathy are known for issues with the pre-cats. R there any codes?

As far as the A/C goes, pressure switch sounds like a good place to start. If that is not the issue, you may have a leak.

jonnyg83

Postby jonnyg83 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:35 pm

Could just be a low charge on the refrigerant...easiest thing to check, always seems to be forgotten.

Are your acceleration issues with the A/C running or no? What is the condition of the plugs, air filter, fuel filter, injectors clogged, worn cat, dirt sensors (Air, O2)...check engine codes? What about your MPG? Has there been a drop-off?

~Jon

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”