2008 Pathfinder: Heat is way too hot!

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

ncoutroulis

2008 Pathfinder: Heat is way too hot!

Postby ncoutroulis » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:39 am

I've had the dealer fix this 2 x now, but it still is the same. When i turn the heat on, especially after it's been running for a while, the heat is just way to hot. The temp gauge will be at 62 degrees, but it will feel like its 90! the only way to make it cooler, is to turn the gauge to 60. and then it starts to fluctuate, so i'm constantly having to change between 60-70 degrees just to maintain a comfortable climate. Its very very annoying! anyone have a similar issue?

Sven1olaf

Postby Sven1olaf » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:03 am

yeah, i have a very similar problem. basically, the climate control does not actively manage the output temp very well at all.

when the exterior temp is within a tolerable range (when the need for interior climate control is minimal), the system seems to work effectively some of the time. but when it is either hot out or cold out, the experience becomes much less predictable.

when you first turn it on and the engine is cold, i expect the output to be cold if not just cooler than the user set temp, say 70. but when the engine is warm and the output temp now ramps up to a face melting 90 (it seems like at times) i have to adjust the user set temp to something like 68. now the heat shuts down immediately and it seems like it just pushes through the incoming vent air (with some minimal engine compartment warming perhaps). so, after about 10-15 minutes of relief from the sweltering heat, now it is cooler in the cab than i would like, so i adjust the temp back to say 70. the temp will remain in some state of flux for about 15 minutes, then bam, the vicious cycle starts all over.

i have found that i need to micromanage the user set temp in increments of 2 to 3 degrees every 15 minutes or so in order to maintain a constant cabin temperature.

please help. there has to be some reason for this. im guessing that the thermostat is flaky or that there is a flaw in the constant feedback loop of the entire climate control apparatus. but up here in NoDak, the temps can swing 30-50 degrees throughout the day.

AyeZer

Postby AyeZer » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:48 pm

I experienced that too. This time my heater is fixed and can now use perfectly . I am not the one who fixed it my friends do this for me. I just want to say I am through to this kind of problem.

bigmankz

Postby bigmankz » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:12 pm

My assumption is that the inside temperature sensor is malfunctioning as the climate control depends on that sensor or several of them. check if they are operational. also they may by blocked by some accessory you may have installed. I am not sure where those sensors are in R51.

I notced similar behavior on my R50 when I used to have a leather key holder and it blocekd somehow the sensor which was very close to the ignition key. I noticed that the the heater was very hot when it was on even when it was already pretty warm in the car. since the key holer was too big for my pocket I removed my car keys from it and started carrying them seperately. since that moment the climate control was operating normally. :)

rubicon03

Postby rubicon03 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:22 pm

Maybe I can help with that one.

A salesman told me that there is a sensor in the back of the truck, and until all the interior reach the temperature set in the front, the heater will push excessive heat in the front to heat up all the cabin.

The solution is to set the rear heater at full heat but at minimum fan speed, the rear sensor is then warm up an the front work almost normally pushing you normal 70 degree heat

It work but I sometime feel the rear heat coming in the front (usually when braking) in mild weather... but it's nothing compare to the heat wave of before!!!

Hope this will Help you

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”