Supercharged Pathfinder Video

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

RacerZX
Site Admin

Supercharged Pathfinder Video

Postby RacerZX » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:47 am

Today is the day Nissan Sport Magazine is releasing the video I made detailing the installation of a Stillen supercharger on my R51 Pathfinder. The article will come in a couple weeks when the current issue hits mailboxes and news stands, but the video pretty well details all the high points and is a bucket of fun too :wink:

http://www.zfilms.org/NissSportMag/Niss ... erPath.wmv

bender031

Postby bender031 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:56 am

Very nice! just watched the whole thing and I am jealous...I have the same color pathy so it is easy for me to dream.

Very thorough video documentary though, nice effort.

Your 0-60 is 5.5? that is impressive for our beastly boxes of metal.

Thanks!

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:57 am

Wholly smokes! That file is huge. I just finished watching the video. You definitely got a good launch off the line. It probably would have been a little quicker if you didn't have the bush bar on the front. Lose that and the hitch and you are down a few more tenth's.

Thanks for showing the video of the install and hopefully the belt doesn't shred anymore.

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:37 am

Oh right, I should expand on the belt issue.

According to Stillen the iddler pully bearings were wobbly, so Stillen has sent me a new pair plus new belt, should be arriving today.

Also, it's worth noting that when it failed, I was able to drive home again without much concern. Both the water pump and oil pump are driven by the crank/timing chain, and a 15 minute traffic free drive home was no problem without AC/Alternator/PS/crank fan. My GF was amazed that we weren't towing it, and again amazed when we just hit Napa for a new belt and threw it on and continued our day's plans :wink:

For more detail on the drag racing part, go here:
http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?p=1535

G35TR

Postby G35TR » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:33 pm

Nice video!! Enjoyed watching it. And THANK YOU very much for not adding music into the video. It drives me nuts when people ruin a perfectly good clip by editing in music, covering up the actual sound.

Quick question. How big of a concern for you, was voiding the factory warranty on the truck (since I assume the S/C has done so)?? I don't think I could pull myself to do it until the powertrain warranty has expired.

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:36 pm

If the kit is installed by an SAE certified Mech, then there is an aftermarket 3-year drive-line warranty availabe for $260 through Stillen.

Bender: Yup, 5.5, and that was with a full tank of gas, about 5200 lbs (I actually weighed the truck before doing that test, but cut that clip of video out to save time). Add passengers and warmer weather and it'll be a bit slower, but I think you can count on sub 6 second 0-60 times regardless.

phantom2

Postby phantom2 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:34 am

Great job with the video.Really enjoyed watching it.

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:21 am

For those who don't want to wait for the download, here's a shorter Youtube edition of the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWcwuzRJlYw

Got the new idler pulleys and belts from Stillen this week and installed on the truck, all is working well.

88pathoffroad

Postby 88pathoffroad » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:21 pm

Cool beans, man. Did you get a discount on the kit or was it a test-fit prototyping type of thing? Was there bribery involved? :roll:

A reliable 100 HP gain for the retail price is still a pretty good deal, from what I've seen. :D

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:25 pm

Well it wasn't free, I don't write for Road & Track, nor honestly do I find it entirely ethical when magazines only reivew freebies, but OTOH it wasn't MSRP.

Next mod, since there are no good exhaust system out there that I can find, I'm going to just fix the Y pipe and delete the puny little tail muffler and see what I get on a budget.

88pathoffroad

Postby 88pathoffroad » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:33 pm

Nice! Keep up the good work. 8)

mtbpath

Postby mtbpath » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:37 pm

I like the video clip. makes me want to install one too. maybe this summer?!?!
anyways, Carl, have you upgraded your exhaust?
any other projects for the Pathfinder after installing a SC?
$5k for the kit and how much for Stillen to install?
what the install done in one day?
living in LA/OC, I should cruise by over their shop and check it out.

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:36 pm

No upgrades at all as of this time. Gotta be scientific about this to properly validate Stillen's marketing claims right?

The book time for the install is 10 hours, and most good shops will charger you around $100/hour.

Return to “General Automotive”