Swapping LE parts into S, SE

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

ocdjg

Swapping LE parts into S, SE

Postby ocdjg » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:01 am

I tried searching everywhere and I have found nothing so far. I got a pretty basic SE, no added packages or anything. My question is has anyone successfully swapped upgraded components from upgraded SE's and LE's into their cars? For example I want the wood grain dash from an LE , & the auto on/off headlights from an SE.

Npath

Re: Swapping LE parts into S, SE

Postby Npath » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:57 pm

ocdjg wrote:I tried searching everywhere and I have found nothing so far. I got a pretty basic SE, no added packages or anything. My question is has anyone successfully swapped upgraded components from upgraded SE's and LE's into their cars? For example I want the wood grain dash from an LE , & the auto on/off headlights from an SE.
I wanted LE wheels on the SE I was going to buy new at a dealer, he said no.

I haven't swapped anything but as long as they're the same year models, shouldn't be a problem.

ocdjg

Postby ocdjg » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:24 am

Why did the dealer say no? That makes no sense. Other than ebay and the dealer, is there another place where I can get oem equipment?

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:58 am

salvage yard

SPICOLI

Postby SPICOLI » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:58 pm

I have a 2005 SE with a Premium package. When I bought the car, the vehicle was supposed to come with auto lights but it didn't have the proper switch installed on the steering column. It took the dealership about ten minutes flat to put in a new switch for the auto lights. As long as you have the little light sensor nipple thingie on the dashboard by the window, you can just put in auto light switch onto the steering column and voila. You have auto lights.

ocdjg

Postby ocdjg » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:20 pm

SPICOLI wrote:I have a 2005 SE with a Premium package. When I bought the car, the vehicle was supposed to come with auto lights but it didn't have the proper switch installed on the steering column. It took the dealership about ten minutes flat to put in a new switch for the auto lights. As long as you have the little light sensor nipple thingie on the dashboard by the window, you can just put in auto light switch onto the steering column and voila. You have auto lights.
Excellent information. Thank you for that post. I will check to see if I have that nipple thing you speak of on my dash.

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:20 pm

Trim pieces should swap between all models with no problem. Switches and other electronic components aren't always compatible across the range. I'm sure if you had a dealer computer to reprogram the settings, then you could make all kinds of things work that weren't there before.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”