Prewiring

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

se7en

Prewiring

Postby se7en » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:30 am

I have an 09 SE basic model... I want to know the following please (:

- my mirrors are not heated - are they prewired? if not do i need a swithc inside or does it turn on somehow automatically?

- I have no backup camera - is it prewired? if you cant tell me - is there a way to check?

- is there anything else thats prewired that would be easy to install? I know about XM...

THANKS!!! :)

BMXPath

Postby BMXPath » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:20 pm

Most of the features that are concidered accessories/upgrades, or are on higher models, probably arent pre-wired.

Tech

Postby Tech » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:49 pm

no and no.

the harnesses are actually quite different too.

heated vs. non isn't one or two wires more - it's 7. I can give you the long explanation if you want, but the short one is no pre-wiring - exception being foglights

se7en

Postby se7en » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:47 pm

well that sucks... lol...

i really need the heated mirrors... my 97 klondike had it!!

it even had the rear defrost...

it even had the normal hand brake...

and it felt like a tighter build....

The_Edge

Postby The_Edge » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:57 pm

Does an 2010 S Pathfinder come pre-wired for fogs?

08 pathy

Postby 08 pathy » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:03 pm

The_Edge wrote:Does an 2010 S Pathfinder come pre-wired for fogs?
It should...

Tech

Postby Tech » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:45 am

Yeah, they R50's felt good, still built in Japan - All the US built cars definately feel different. I'm guessing se7en, that you have a US unit, 'cause as far as I know, all Canadian units (even S) had heated mirrors. You can add them pretty simply, but the contols wont be the same. If you don't mind having them on all the time, or having a non-automatic switch, you can do it with as little as one wire run.

ocdjg

Postby ocdjg » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:46 am

You may have the option for automatic headlights prewired. Check to see if you have a sensor on your dash (black nipple thing). If you do then all you would need is a new switch which will run you about $90 from the stealership.

For heated mirrors you may need to do some diy work for that. Check out this link from the Frontier fellas...

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f10/ ... ors-24476/

se7en

Postby se7en » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:59 am

Tech wrote:Yeah, they R50's felt good, still built in Japan - All the US built cars definately feel different. I'm guessing se7en, that you have a US unit, 'cause as far as I know, all Canadian units (even S) had heated mirrors. You can add them pretty simply, but the contols wont be the same. If you don't mind having them on all the time, or having a non-automatic switch, you can do it with as little as one wire run.
You are so right... the 1997 klondike i had felt like it was cast and glued and welded toghteer - sucha tight fit compared to this... i can't believe the jepanse let these crooks build this car...!!! lol im venting...

yes its a US import.

lol i was wrong it does have rear defrost... still the car feels weak and rattly...

se7en

Postby se7en » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:01 am

ocdjg wrote:You may have the option for automatic headlights prewired. Check to see if you have a sensor on your dash (black nipple thing). If you do then all you would need is a new switch which will run you about $90 from the stealership.

For heated mirrors you may need to do some diy work for that. Check out this link from the Frontier fellas...

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f10/ ... ors-24476/
hmmm thanks... will check out the link.

its just seems to me the US dudes tried to cut costs wherever they could... even the glas seems too thin...

dmasini

Postby dmasini » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:52 am

I would check a wire diagram or someone's Pathy who has heated mirrors and compare the harness to your mirrors. My wife has an 09 Altima SL with no heated mirrors or signal lights. But I found that the wiring harness going to the existing mirror does indeed have the wires needed for both heat and signals. Evidently both the SL's and S's have the same wiring harness. They could have made the Pathy the same way.

As for controls, the only time the heated mirrors work is if you turn on the defrost switch...

CRXguy

Re: Prewiring

Postby CRXguy » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:41 pm

se7en wrote:I have an 09 SE basic model... I want to know the following please (:

- my mirrors are not heated - are they prewired? if not do i need a swithc inside or does it turn on somehow automatically?

- I have no backup camera - is it prewired? if you cant tell me - is there a way to check?

- is there anything else thats prewired that would be easy to install? I know about XM...

THANKS!!! :)
I have the same model as well. It's also a US import.

I'm more interested if the LCD screen is the same as the 2009+ models equipped with RearView monitor? Has anyone actually been able to access the rear of the unit? Are there any outputs to hook up either a OEM backup camera, or aftermarket camera?

Thanks.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”