dealer trying to avoid a fix covered under CPO wrap warranty

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

ByPath

dealer trying to avoid a fix covered under CPO wrap warranty

Postby ByPath » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:27 am

2 weeks after buying my 06 path the lift gate (rear hatch) locks would not lock when using the remote or the driver side door switch.

the service rep at the local dealer is now saying it will cost me 120 dollars to inspect it, and if they find that it was not due to a "faulty" part then I will have to forfeit my 120 dollars.

I'm like "what do u mean "not do to a faulty part". Service rep says if the part just somehow fell "loose" or just somehow just "moved out of position" then it will not be covered and I will have to spend 120 to get it repaired.

at this point I'm thinking to myself why not just blame it on the clouds, or my freaking stinking toe jam. WTF? why the heck did I even bother to spend 1700 dollars on a wrap coverage when they could easily say "well it just broke but not the parts fault".

anyhow if they don't fix it, I am getting all of this documented and having service rep write down their exact excuse on paper and will be taking it up to corporate.

I mean seriously, is this for real ?

2006R51MD

Postby 2006R51MD » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:47 am

Most "Extended Warranties" sold are garbage. I worked for a company that sold extended warranties. If you are going to buy one, buy one that covers "wear & tear" With that option they will cover almost anything. I purchased one for my 2006 Pathfinder that gives bumper to bumper coverage up to 125,000 miles and it cost me around $2K with a company that will actually pay claims.

If buying a warranty you also want one that shows only what is NOT covered. You don't want one that shows what "IS" covered.

I hope that they will get your issue fixed without costing you anything!

scarelli

Postby scarelli » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:39 am

What company did you get yours from?
2006R51MD wrote:Most "Extended Warranties" sold are garbage. I worked for a company that sold extended warranties. If you are going to buy one, buy one that covers "wear & tear" With that option they will cover almost anything. I purchased one for my 2006 Pathfinder that gives bumper to bumper coverage up to 125,000 miles and it cost me around $2K with a company that will actually pay claims.

If buying a warranty you also want one that shows only what is NOT covered. You don't want one that shows what "IS" covered.

ByPath

Postby ByPath » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:38 pm

I guess it's from nissan, it's the "prefferred plus" wrap plan with zero deductible.

scarelli wrote:What company did you get yours from?
2006R51MD wrote:Most "Extended Warranties" sold are garbage. I worked for a company that sold extended warranties. If you are going to buy one, buy one that covers "wear & tear" With that option they will cover almost anything. I purchased one for my 2006 Pathfinder that gives bumper to bumper coverage up to 125,000 miles and it cost me around $2K with a company that will actually pay claims.

2006R51MD

Postby 2006R51MD » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:01 pm

I purchased my warranty from Carchex and the Administrator is Alpha.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”