'09 Path...looking for cargo mats..

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

shanker

'09 Path...looking for cargo mats..

Postby shanker » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:26 am

I've read through some threads...even called weathertech for information...nothing...

I have an '09 path...I am looking for a two piece cargo liner, so whenever the 3rd row is up I can easily remove a piece....I searched all over the net, spoke to sales people and I can't get anything...

Any help? Leads, Manufactures? TIA

Lo.

ByPath

Postby ByPath » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:37 am

theres a place on ebay that's offering a 5 piece for 99 bucks shipped.

front driver and passenger, 2nd row mats, 3rd row mats and rear liftgate area mats. I got em and it's nice.

shanker

Postby shanker » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:38 am

what is the name of the ebay store? thanks!

SilverGhost

Postby SilverGhost » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:47 am

I just looked at a Nissan photo of the cargo area in a 2010 PF with all seats folded. It looks identical to my '06. I use the WeatherTech 2pc, so visually, I can't imagine that the ones for years prior to yours wouldn't fit.

Oops, I just did a search, and can't find any WeatherTech 2pc liners anywhere. Maybe they've stopped producing them.

SilverGhost

Postby SilverGhost » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:27 am

ByPath -

Yeah, I'd like to see those myself. I searched Ebay and came up dry. Do you have a web link?

shanker

Postby shanker » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:48 am

I've called Weathertech and they said that the cargo liner is one big piece from the 2nd row back. If I pull up the 3rd row, the liner will have to come out....I told them that was a LAME design and why not have a two piece, since this vehicle has a 3rd row...For prices ranging anywhere from ~$100 and upwards you think these folks would have something of that nature....its not that hard of a design...

SilverGhost

Postby SilverGhost » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:01 pm

shanker wrote:I told them that was a LAME design and why not have a two piece, since this vehicle has a 3rd row
As I mentioned in my post, I have the two piece WeatherTech molded cargo liner that I bought for my '06 in January 2007. Got 'em from TruckAddons for $113 shipped. However, I just checked their website, and they no longer have them.

Based on the response you got from WeatherTech, they apparently have stopped making them.

SilverGhost

Postby SilverGhost » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:14 pm

shanker -

Here's one for you. Can't tell what the reserve price is, but it's a complete set of floor and cargo liners. Be advised, though, that the second row mats are simply rubber. AFAIK, WeatherTech never produced a digital-fit thermoplastic mat for the second row.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RUBBER-A ... ccessories

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:54 pm

I've been looking around at these as well. I prefer the soft rubber anyway as it helps keep things from sliding around. The OEM floor is horrible in my book. I'd prefer carpet even over the slippery plastic. I like this two-piece a lot better especially if it's a soft rubber.

SilverGhost

Postby SilverGhost » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:14 pm

skinny -

I can't speak for other rubber mats, but the ones sold by Nissan leave a lot to be desired in terms of durability. Please read through the following thread, where I shared my own personal experience with them, including photos.

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... c&start=15
Last edited by SilverGhost on Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:23 pm

Yeah, I had read your post before and decided to skp on them as well. I bought a 4-piece set at Sam's Club for about $25 that actually fit very well and match perfectly (tan interior). If they wear out premature, no biggie. I'm just stuck without anything in the cargo area at the moment and don't want the hard/slippery weathertech or husky styles.

shanker

Postby shanker » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:58 pm

Thanks ghost for the hookup...if it wasn't tan and was gray, it be sold but thanks anyway..!

shanker

Postby shanker » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:01 pm

Is it just me or is that cargo liner looks like it was made for a different vehicle? Look at the edges and how its aligned up to the walls?! :?
SilverGhost wrote:
shanker wrote:I told them that was a LAME design and why not have a two piece, since this vehicle has a 3rd row
As I mentioned in my post, I have the two piece WeatherTech molded cargo liner that I bought for my '06 in January 2007. Got 'em from TruckAddons for $113 shipped. However, I just checked their website, and they no longer have them.

Based on the response you got from WeatherTech, they apparently have stopped making them.

SilverGhost

Postby SilverGhost » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:46 am

shanker wrote:Is it just me or is that cargo liner looks like it was made for a different vehicle? Look at the edges and how its aligned up to the walls?! :?
Not sure what you're referring to. It actually does fit perfectly at the walls. The small notches you see on the sides toward the front are to allow access to the front pair of tie-down hooks. Don't know about your PF, but my cargo area has three pairs of hooks in the floor. I never understood why WeatherTech didn't form additional notches for access to the other two pair (center and rear). Instead, there are blocks in the mat that can be cut out to accomplish that.

The larger notches at the front corners actually conform perfectly to the flat horizontal surface of the front portion of the cargo area. There is a small void in that surface where the square corner of the folded third row seat back lines up with the curvature of the wheel well. Since there's no surface there to support an otherwise square mat corner, WT designed it to conform to the folded seatback. It fits perfectly, in my opinion. The photo link below shows both sets of notches a bit better.

I don't know if the lip around the mat's edge is something you were questioning, but it's there by design to prevent any spilled liquids from running off.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/74502587@N ... 654332770/
Last edited by SilverGhost on Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

shanker

Postby shanker » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:02 am

Thanks for the explanation! It helps that you have one and I dont so I'm just trying to clear things up...

SilverGhost wrote:
shanker wrote:Is it just me or is that cargo liner looks like it was made for a different vehicle? Look at the edges and how its aligned up to the walls?! :?
Not sure what you're referring to. It actually does fit perfectly at the walls. The small notches you see on the sides toward the front are to allow access to the front pair of tie-down hooks. Don't know about your PF, but my cargo area has three pairs of hooks in the floor. I never understood why WeatherTech didn't form additional notches for acess to the other two pair (center and rear). Instead, there are blocks in the mat that can be cut out to accomplish that.

The larger notches at the front corners actually conform perfectly to the flat horizontal surface of the front portion of the cargo area. There is a small void in that surface where the square corner of the folded third row seat back lines up with the curvature of the wheel well. Since there's no surface there to support an otherwise square mat corner, WT designed it to conform to the folded seatback. It fits perfectly, in my opinion. The photo link below shows both sets of notches a bit better.

I don't know if the lip around the mat's edge is something you were questioning, but it's there by design to prevent any spilled liquids from running off.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/74502587@N ... 654332770/

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”