6 disc changer problems

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

schmo9

6 disc changer problems

Postby schmo9 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:31 am

Does anyone else experience their CD's jumping and skipping when you set off first thing in the morning? Its almost as if the cold running effects it, as when the car warms up there is no problem!!
I know it sounds wierd but thats how it is.
All CD's are in great condition by the way.

Cheers

Simon

Don Danger

Postby Don Danger » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:53 am

Are you listening to audio CDs or mp3 files on a CD?

I have never experienced exactly what you are describing. I play mp3 CDs through mine and every once in a while it seems to skip slightly but it is always the same few songs, so I attribute it to the file on my CD.

schmo9

Postby schmo9 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:19 am

Album CD's and CD's burned from PC!?!?!?!?

Dont know, just must be one of those things!

S

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:45 am

I used to have that problem in my Saab. It was the condensation forming on the cd's. It didn't matter is the were burned or regular music cd's. Haven't had that problem in the Pathfinder though. My wife's cd's got stuck once, but I eventually got them out. No other problems with the stereo.

schmo9

Postby schmo9 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:54 pm

I have tried ejecting and re inserting the cds and they are bloody cold so it may very well be condensation as the blowers tend to be on quite high in the morning and its all in the same area.

Thanks for your input guys, its no biggie just annoying when you work 6 miles from home and you cant play your motivating tunes on the way there!! :(

Cheers,

S

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”