Lock the doors, no horn beep question

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

christianreese

Lock the doors, no horn beep question

Postby christianreese » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:08 pm

Hey everyone! I'm new here, but I've owned my 2004 Pathfinder LE since I bought it brand new in 04. Couldn't be happier with it for sure. "Tiny", as I call him, is a good kid.

Recently I had a flat tire, so I used the spare to change it out. I then threw the damaged tire into the cargo bay area for a few weeks until I could get it fixed. Since then, my horn no longer beeps when I lock the doors using the wireless keychain lock. It used to beep everytime I locked the doors, and would only not beep if not all the doors were shut or windows weren't up. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the security system, but I don't know how to trouble shoot that. When I lock the doors now, the security indicator light stays lit for a few seconds, and then proceeds to blink after that. Before, it would just blink (I think...). Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:44 pm

press both lock and unlock on the remote and keep pressing for a few seconds.

next question.

christianreese

Postby christianreese » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:29 pm

Your genius needs proper proclaiming. Worked like a charm. Thanks for the help. Any idea what caused it?

CRXguy

Postby CRXguy » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:48 pm

Did you leave your keys in your pants/jacket and sit on it? Happened to me yesterday. Pressed both buttons on the keyfob and the honk is back. :D

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:56 am

christianreese wrote:Your genius needs proper proclaiming. Worked like a charm. Thanks for the help. Any idea what caused it?
unfortunately, im not the genius.

i learned this answer here on these forums, and just passing the info.

just saved you the trouble of the search.

Return to “General Automotive”