2009 Pathfinder SE, just bought, replaced a 4thGen Maxima

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

DPF

2009 Pathfinder SE, just bought, replaced a 4thGen Maxima

Postby DPF » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 am

Hello all,

Glad to be a new member. Was a semi-active member, very active lurker over at Maxima.org during my 15yr long era of 4th Gen Maxima ownership. We went thru 2 of them. My 99 got totalled in Jan 04, continued to drive the wife's 96 thru this past January.

It was with those that my love affair with the VQ engine was fostered and how I ended up with the the Pathfinder today. My 99 Max went to 100k with zero issues. None. Just wear item replacement. The wife's odo died in Jan 99 at 100K miles. We then drove it for 11 more years. My best estimate is 300-325K miles. In that time I replaced a starter (~180K), water pump (~250K) and an alternator (~300K). That thing was a runner. It broke my heart to finally have to put her out to pasture, but it was time. She was rusting out around that wonderful engine and the suspension replacement that would have been necessary couldn't be justified. I felt like Capt Kirk watching the Enterprise burn up in the atmosphere as we drove away :cry:. She served us well, much better than the 325i that replaced my Max.

With a growing family the need for a larger vehicle overcame my nigh-insurmountable urge for a Gen7 Max. We opted to follow the VQ over to the Pathfinder. So that is where I find myself today. I look forward to getting under her hood, though hopefully by choice and not emergency. Though I am no stranger to this engine, not sure how much has changed from a vintage 95 one. I don't fear working on her, heck, I've already had the BMW apart more times than I care to count in less than half the lifespan of the Maxima. The few things that were replaced on the Max was done by me.

It won't be an off-roader, it will be a kid-hauler. Won't be driven hard, but will be driven constantly. If it's half as reliable as the Nissan it replaced, I'll be a happy man. Looking forward to many years here at the Path.

-DPF

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:49 am

Welcome to the forums!...... Triffid

HillbillyJake

Postby HillbillyJake » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:04 am

Welcome

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”