ERRATIC TIMING WHEN HOT ?

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

mongo

ERRATIC TIMING WHEN HOT ?

Postby mongo » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:24 pm

Lets see if I can pick somebody's brain.I'm in dire need of an answer. I have a 95 Pathfinder with the 3.0 that is acting up only after it is good and warm. Runs perfect when it is cold but as soon as it hits operating temp it starts to miss and backfire on acceleration. I changed plugs, wires, cap and rotor and fuel filter. After this did nothing to cure the problem I had enough and took it to the repair shop. After two days of them troubleshooting it they have come to the conclusion that the timing retards itself when trying to accelerate. The thing is they also have no idea what could be causing this. If there's answer out there I would be more than appreciative for the help and also keeping what hair I have left on my head. Thanks. :roll:

scarelli

Postby scarelli » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:53 am

I know on my 2000 Maxima I had similar issues. It turned out the be the ignition coils. not sure if that is the same issue your having but possibly something to look into...

mongo

PATHFINDER ERRATIC TIMING

Postby mongo » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:50 pm

Thanks for the reply Shawn, I will look into that.

Return to “General Automotive”