KO or LTX A/T2?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

atc

KO or LTX A/T2?

Postby atc » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:17 pm

Which tire do you think will last longer? and have better snow traction? I drive mostly on road.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Re: KO or LTX A/T2?

Postby NVSteve » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:03 pm

atc wrote:Which tire do you think will last longer? and have better snow traction? I drive mostly on road.
I'm going to be in the minority here, but I wouldn't go for the KO. I've had them on 3 different vehicles & they've done well in the snow until about half the tread is gone, but then really lose it after that. The biggest problem I've had has been with rainy/wet conditions. I've lost traction & control more times than I can even remember-enough that I'll never buy them again. Just wanted to throw out at least 1 negative before everyone starts writing how stellar the KOs are. Again, just one person's opinion/experience.

fat_frog

Postby fat_frog » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:31 pm

If you drive mostly on road and hardly any serious off-roading, I'd go with LTX. I've had BFG AT for a short time, and seen LTX...only in person. I guess LTX would be lighter, and still has pretty aggressive...deep tread. You might also get slightly better gas mileage with LTX.

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:47 am

I've had the stock BGF Long Trails and Nitto Terra Grapplers on mine and they both wore like crap. Lots of cupping on the outer side. (& the alignment is fine) When I switched to Michelins that problem seemed to be less. And the road noise went way down.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”