Broke in the new Pathfinder offroad.. Apache Trail AZ

Use that 4x4 switch on your Path and go get dirty!

Moderator: volvite

Pathfind'nAZ

Broke in the new Pathfinder offroad.. Apache Trail AZ

Postby Pathfind'nAZ » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:00 am

Took a few side trails this past weekend off the Apache Trail, which itself is a long and winding road that gets very rough in spots, with shelf roads that have drop offs over a thousand feet. Here are a couple pictures..

This is taken towards the beginning, looking back towards North Scottsdale area.

This is a trail high up above Canyon Lake.

This is along the shelf road.. drop off 1000'.

pdslug

Postby pdslug » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:38 pm

Nice pics. Interesting country - not like Kansas :)

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:26 am

Arizona is so nice hope to move there some time soon

Pathfind'nAZ

Postby Pathfind'nAZ » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:31 am

Arizona is quite the unique state.. it has basically everything from desert to 7000+ mountians with snow, to huge lakes! It really is quite diverse.

Krafty

Postby Krafty » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:19 pm

Looks like some great off roading. Sure wish we had something like that here in Iowa!

KEVSTER

Postby KEVSTER » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:29 pm

Always pack a pistol for protection, never know who or what type of wierdo morons you may run into in this day of age. I prefer GLOCK..17 9mm easy to shoot, light and nibble, low recoil. accurate. will stop any of the mentioned above. :lol:

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:43 am

KEVSTER wrote:Always pack a pistol for protection, never know who or what type of wierdo morons you may run into in this day of age. I prefer GLOCK..17 9mm easy to shoot, light and nibble, low recoil. accurate. will stop any of the mentioned above. :lol:
As gun-happy as Utah is, I'm not so sure if I'd ever feed fuel to the fire. A few times while hiking in a mountain range about 50 miles from Salt Lake, I've come across idiots target shooting into the trees. I've even had people camped down lower who were target shooting in our direction-you could hear the ricochet of the bullets as they hit the rocks around our camp. Not cool at all. This time of year is ultra scary because everyone, including their 2 year olds, are out hunting. A father "accidentally" shot & killed his teenage son last week while hunting here. 2 days ago, the nephew of one of our employees was shot "accidentally" through the neck & is now paralized from the waist down, shot by his 10 year old sister while playing in the house with plastic BB airguns (she stumbled upon a loaded .22).

I don't have a problem with guns, but I do have a problem with a huge majority of gun owners out there who are just plain reckless, ignorant, inbred, mentally challenged or whatever.

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:31 am

Nice photos Pathfind'nAZ. I've spent a lot of time out at Butcher Jones around Saguaro lake and also around Lake Pleasant. That was back when I had my 98 Frontier 4X4.

richardekirby

Postby richardekirby » Mon May 24, 2010 9:09 am

NVSteve wrote:
KEVSTER wrote:Always pack a pistol for protection, never know who or what type of wierdo morons you may run into in this day of age. I prefer GLOCK..17 9mm easy to shoot, light and nibble, low recoil. accurate. will stop any of the mentioned above. :lol:
I don't have a problem with guns, but I do have a problem with a huge majority of gun owners out there who are just plain reckless, ignorant, inbred, mentally challenged or whatever.
I agree, but I always carry a gun. Not for target shooting, but for protection, which is what Kevster was talking about. You never know what you will run into out there, whether it's a weirdo or wild animal.

One time while in the backwoods of SE Oklahoma, my friends and I were going down a trail when a few people popped out of the woods with guns. They were a rough looking bunch and wanted to know what we were doing there. As it was not private land, we told them we were doing a little off-roading and just passing trough. They seem nervous but let us go on through. I suppose they had either a weed field or meth lab nearby. What they did not know however, was that we had about 10 pistols ready to draw down on them. :o

BTW, nice pics.

Return to “Offroad Adventures”