Color Code Ques

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

falcondrgn

Color Code Ques

Postby falcondrgn » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:51 pm

Hey everyone,

I am looking for the color code for my 2005 pathfinder which is Silverstone Blue Clearcoat Metallic. The problem is when I checked the door jam for the color code it reads the color code as B25 which is Granite metallic in color. I have searched everywhere online and cant seem to find the correct color code for the silverstone blue clearcoat metallic for a 2005 model. Seems to only be available in 2006 models. this is one of the sites I checked which doesnt even list the color code for the silverstone blue clearcoat metallic for 2005.

http://www.cardata.com/spoilers/Car_Pai ... aint_Codes

If anyone here has the blue 2005 pathfinder color could you check the door jam and see what your color code says? Thanks so much.

GOTGOO
Sponsored Member

Postby GOTGOO » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:17 am

Call the dealership parts department and give them your vin they can look it up for you.

falcondrgn

Postby falcondrgn » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:48 am

Just called and the guy says the color code is the same as what I got which is B25. Based on the link i provided it says that color is granite metallic, i actually have the same color pathfinder as yours, its pretty clear our color isnt granite.

GOTGOO wrote:Call the dealership parts department and give them your vin they can look it up for you.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:32 am

falcondrgn wrote:Just called and the guy says the color code is the same as what I got which is B25. Based on the link i provided it says that color is granite metallic, i actually have the same color pathfinder as yours, its pretty clear our color isnt granite.
Good timing. I just happened to be at the dealer today for a check engine light & trans service. I stopped by the parts counter looking for the exact thing, but they no longer carry it. The guy said something about them changing paint vendors or whatever & that they can't even special order any. He did give me the B25 written on a business card, so I'd trust that. The problem with colors, especially when more than one company/person is involved, is that everyone will call the same color something different, hence the granite. I'm going to check out Courtesy and see if they still have any in stock.

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:48 am

You can call a body shop and have them mix you some touch up as well

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:02 am

pawjr74 wrote:You can call a body shop and have them mix you some touch up as well
Good call. Courtesy is sold out of what they had. I found a number of places online that offer the paints, but they certainly aren't cheap. At least with a local bodyshop, they can give you some good suggestions on how best to apply the stuff & anything else (primer, clearcoat, etc).

Guess it might be time for me to buy some of those clear 3M stick-on protectors.

GOTGOO
Sponsored Member

Postby GOTGOO » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:49 pm

My paint code is B25 Silverton Blue i had a guy mix up some touch up paint who never seen my Path and it matched.
Look at the 2nd one down. http://www.courtesyparts.com/touch_up_p ... cPath=6833

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:24 pm

I just don't have the time to mess around with the autobody places since it would have to be during my very busy workweek. I stopped by 3 different auto parts stores last weekend & nobody had anything even remotely close to Silverton Blue, aka B25. I was able to order a couple OEM applicators from Grubbs Nissan.

GOTGOO
Sponsored Member

Postby GOTGOO » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:52 pm

NVSteve wrote:I just don't have the time to mess around with the autobody places since it would have to be during my very busy workweek. I stopped by 3 different auto parts stores last weekend & nobody had anything even remotely close to Silverton Blue, aka B25. I was able to order a couple OEM applicators from Grubbs Nissan.
I work at a bunch of car dealers doing repairs so making friends with the other vendors like the auto body guy is a plus side to my job i guess. Yeah I looked around at the parts stores around here with no luck either before i had some mixed up and that was a way better deal since it was free!

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”