PRG Minilift (PICS Updated)

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

MDA225

Postby MDA225 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:13 pm

Im looking to lift my pathy... can anyone post a link where I can buy the same lift you got? and what size tires do you think I would be able to fit on there without any mods or trimming? I am in desperate need for new tires so I was hoping I could get lift done and bigger tires at the same time. So I need to do this asap

xd9-g19

Postby xd9-g19 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:32 pm

MDA225 wrote:Im looking to lift my pathy... can anyone post a link where I can buy the same lift you got? and what size tires do you think I would be able to fit on there without any mods or trimming? I am in desperate need for new tires so I was hoping I could get lift done and bigger tires at the same time. So I need to do this asap
Ask and you shall recieve.

http://www.prgproducts.com/shop/product ... _mini_kit/

richardekirby

Postby richardekirby » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:49 pm

MDA225 wrote:Im looking to lift my pathy... can anyone post a link where I can buy the same lift you got? and what size tires do you think I would be able to fit on there without any mods or trimming? I am in desperate need for new tires so I was hoping I could get lift done and bigger tires at the same time. So I need to do this asap
If you are looking for this particular lift, there is one for sale in the classifieds. It's a good deal with free shipping. I would get it myself, but I'm a little strapped right now. Here's the link: http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=3511

Mr Mayor

Postby Mr Mayor » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:27 am

Looks cool, any higher and it woulda looked goofy without big tires.... OH and shame about yer neighbors kid in the background, has she been without her right leg long? :lol:

MM

Shinyboy

Postby Shinyboy » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:36 am

Mr Mayor wrote:OH and shame about yer neighbors kid in the background, has she been without her right leg long? :lol:

MM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

driftedoffroad

Postby driftedoffroad » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:58 am

yes you can run the air lift bags with the spacers :) just put the bags in last week and love them!

richardekirby

Postby richardekirby » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:31 am

Mr Mayor wrote:Looks cool, any higher and it woulda looked goofy without big tires.... OH and shame about yer neighbors kid in the background, has she been without her right leg long? :lol:

MM
Man, you have good eyes or a lot bigger computer screen. I totally missed that. :lol:

madrock

Postby madrock » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:36 am

Mr Mayor wrote:Looks cool, any higher and it woulda looked goofy without big tires.... OH and shame about yer neighbors kid in the background, has she been without her right leg long? :lol:

MM
I swear those kids are everywhere! I plan on upgrading to 265/75/16 in the near future. I still can't decide on what I want yet. Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs are in the lead, but I hear they like to wander off on the highway. I like the Terra Grapplers too, but I've been told that they are terrible in the snow. I travel in quite a bit of snow during the holidays.

MDA225

Postby MDA225 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:42 pm

xd9-g19 wrote:
Ask and you shall recieve.

http://www.prgproducts.com/shop/product ... _mini_kit/
would I have two buy new shocks or anything or are these strictly just spacers? would it be easier and just as efficient as this https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/deluxe- ... -5843.html ?

madrock

Postby madrock » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:11 pm

MDA225 wrote:would I have two buy new shocks or anything or are these strictly just spacers? would it be easier and just as efficient as this https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/deluxe- ... -5843.html ?
The PRG kit is strictly the front and rear spacers with extended bump stops. It is recommended that you upgrade the rear shocks as well. IMO, the PRG kit is easier to install because you don't have the compress the front coils. However, upgrading to the Bilstein struts with the other setup will improve handling and ride comfort.

Both have their pros and cons. The important thing to remember is that anytime you lift a vehicle the ride quality will be more stiff no matter what setup you run. Example, setting the Bilstein 5100 at it's highest setting will stiffen the ride because adds pre-load.

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:00 am

@ madrock

Definitely get your alignment checked. Lifting the rear 2 1/2 inches on my Pathfinder put the rear way out of spec. The front went in to spec no problem but the rear is just a hair out of spec on the camber. After a 1300 mile trip to CA the tires are still wearing ok though.

madrock

Postby madrock » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:37 am

pawjr74 wrote:@ madrock

Definitely get your alignment checked. Lifting the rear 2 1/2 inches on my Pathfinder put the rear way out of spec. The front went in to spec no problem but the rear is just a hair out of spec on the camber. After a 1300 mile trip to CA the tires are still wearing ok though.
Did you end up finding and/or getting the camber bolts for the rear? On PRG's website, it says:

If you have any Nissan truck built after 2006, it did not come with adjustable lower a-arm pivot bolts.

My 2006 Titan didn't require the camber bolts when it was lifted 6.5" so I am wondering if there is a need in this situation.

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:29 pm

Mine is an 05 so it had the camber adjustment bolts. It is still at the extreme edge of the alignment range though.

MDA225

Postby MDA225 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:55 pm

madrock wrote:The PRG kit is strictly the front and rear spacers with extended bump stops. It is recommended that you upgrade the rear shocks as well. IMO, the PRG kit is easier to install because you don't have the compress the front coils. However, upgrading to the Bilstein struts with the other setup will improve handling and ride comfort.

Both have their pros and cons. The important thing to remember is that anytime you lift a vehicle the ride quality will be more stiff no matter what setup you run. Example, setting the Bilstein 5100 at it's highest setting will stiffen the ride because adds pre-load.
What shocks would you recommend buying for the rear? Is there much, if any, difference in lift size between the two types of lifts?

madrock

Postby madrock » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:35 pm

MDA225 wrote:
madrock wrote:The PRG kit is strictly the front and rear spacers with extended bump stops. It is recommended that you upgrade the rear shocks as well. IMO, the PRG kit is easier to install because you don't have the compress the front coils. However, upgrading to the Bilstein struts with the other setup will improve handling and ride comfort.

What shocks would you recommend buying for the rear? Is there much, if any, difference in lift size between the two types of lifts?
I haven't upgraded my rear shocks yet which is why the rear rides a bit stiff. The shorter shocks are limiting the travel. You could check on OME or Bilstein for the shocks.

Both are supposed to lift approximately 2" at the corners. It may be higher at first, but it SHOULD settle with a big emphasis on should.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”