Diagnostic Codes

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

oyarsa

Diagnostic Codes

Postby oyarsa » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:27 pm

I'm sure this has been done to death, but a quick search on the site didn't give me any help.

I just had my check engine light come on. The VDC and SLIP lights both came on as well. Is there any way to find the diagnostic code without getting an OBDII scanner?

myriad46

Postby myriad46 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:19 am

Turn the key to On, not starting the vehicle. Wait 3 seconds. Depress and completely let off on the gas pedal 5 times in less than 5 seconds. Wait 7 seconds, exactly (a watch with a second hand helps). Depress the gas pedal for 10 seconds. When you see the blinking Check Engine Light, you did it right. If not, turn the key off and try again.

You'll probably have to try several times. I've done it many times, and I still miss is occassionally. It will run through the 4 digits of the code. 1 - 10. It will just blink 4 "zeros" (10 blinks) if there is no code to display. If there are multiple codes, it will pause between the 4-digit strings, then start over

If you want to wipe the code(s), when in that mode, hold down the gas pedal for 10 seconds. When you turn the car off and then on again, the light should have gone off...that is if the problem went away also.

Good Luck

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”