Jittery harsh ride

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

CFB

Jittery harsh ride

Postby CFB » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:41 am

Had my Pathfinder around 2 months now (06 SVE manual) and generally very happy with it, the one thing I am not too keen on though is the harshness of the ride, it is very jittery and crashes and jumps about a lot when on uneven roads or hitting small pot holes.

Is this a normal trait of the car or should I be looking at a suspension overhaul? It's done 75k but generally feels tight, no knocking or pulling when driving. My old 1996 Land Rover Discovery had a smoother ride!

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: Jittery harsh ride

Postby eieio » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:50 am

CFB wrote:Had my Pathfinder around 2 months now (06 SVE manual) and generally very happy with it, the one thing I am not too keen on though is the harshness of the ride, it is very jittery and crashes and jumps about a lot when on uneven roads or hitting small pot holes.

Is this a normal trait of the car or should I be looking at a suspension overhaul? It's done 75k but generally feels tight, no knocking or pulling when driving. My old 1996 Land Rover Discovery had a smoother ride!
8 topics down :wink:
http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=3397

CFB

Postby CFB » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:15 am

Well I am running General Grabber AT2's, oversize (265/70/17), maybe contributing but doubt is as they have quite soft side walls.

Will replace all the shocks and get alignment done.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”