Installing stock DVD player into an aftermarket CD Player

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

BigMunda

Installing stock DVD player into an aftermarket CD Player

Postby BigMunda » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:48 am

I have a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE with a factory-installed DVD player (in the trunk), 6-disc in-dash CD Changer, and a radio (the radio and CD Changer are two separate units). The 6-disc CD Changer stopped working a while ago, so I am trying to replace the CD Changer and the radio with an aftermarket CD Player.

The problem is that the DVD player fits into the back of the radio with a rather odd connector. It is round and looks a little like a coaxial cable with several pins inside. (I'm guessing it might be proprietary to Nissan?) Most aftermarket CD players have RCA connections in the back. Does anyone know of an adapter of some kind that can convert this connector to RCA? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:28 am

if the old CD player is damaged, open it up and remove the female connector, then solder new connectors on the other end to fit the new DVD.

BigMunda

Postby BigMunda » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:23 pm

mar1 wrote:if the old CD player is damaged, open it up and remove the female connector, then solder new connectors on the other end to fit the new DVD.
Crap, that was actually a really good idea, but I already tossed out the damaged CD player! :(

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:58 pm

check the manual to see if they got a wiring schematic for the connector.

then cut off the connector and solder the RCAs.

easy way if u can access both sides of the cable is to test for continuity with a multimeter.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”