Pathy got new footware.

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

2008PatherfinderS

Pathy got new footware.

Postby 2008PatherfinderS » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:38 pm

Just got back from Firestone. Had Destination A/T's put on to replace the Goodyear Silent Armor's I had on there. Also had an alignment done as well.

The results: Destinations have better traction, cornering, and even braking seems to be improved. Body roll is hardly noticeable now, and bumps aren't as pronounced. Not sure about bump steer issues yes, as I haven't taken the Pathy out for a torture test on the new tires yet.

The GY's were terrible in the rain, and in the snow, even with 4WD, traction was terrible. I'm in Maryland, and the past winter was horrible with two blizzards back to back.

A_L

Edit: GY makes two lines of Silent Armor tires. I had the Fortera line.

A_L
Last edited by 2008PatherfinderS on Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Storm4.0

Postby Storm4.0 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:14 pm

I had 265/75/16 Destination A/T's on mine & loved them. I didn't have any bump steer issues with mine. I had them on for 30,000 mi and they still had 6/32" on them when I got my new wheels.

Oh... and you'll be VERY happy with the snow traction you'll have.

KEVSTER

Postby KEVSTER » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:51 am

8) Nice new shoes, now come on winter..

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:04 am

How did the silent armors and now these compare to the OEM's (and what OEM's did you have)? I've got the General Grabber AW's coming to the end of their life before winter and while I'd like to go with an A/T for the snow traction...I don't want to give up any dry handling.

Would like to hear comments about the bump steer as I get it pretty bad at times. I'm assuming you had bump-steer with the GY's, what about OEM?

2008PatherfinderS

Postby 2008PatherfinderS » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:20 am

skinny2 wrote:How did the silent armors and now these compare to the OEM's (and what OEM's did you have)? I've got the General Grabber AW's coming to the end of their life before winter and while I'd like to go with an A/T for the snow traction...I don't want to give up any dry handling.

Would like to hear comments about the bump steer as I get it pretty bad at times. I'm assuming you had bump-steer with the GY's, what about OEM?
I didn't have the original tires on long after I purchased the truck. Truck was purchased in 06/2008 used from Enterprise rental car with 20K miles on it. From what I recall the General Grabbers would lose traction easily on hard bumps the road. The did fine in the rain, but never had any snow before I switched them out. It's been over two years with the GY's so I can't recall everything about the OE tire's ride. The silent armors (Fortera, not the Wranglers) were rated well for gas mileage, so I went with those, but what I found out was they didn't handle well in the rain. The blizzard we had here on the east coast last winter, I really learned how poor these tires were. In 4WD I actually got stuck in less than a foot of snow.

KEVSTER

Postby KEVSTER » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:25 pm

Stuck.. I had just installed on my Pathy the Yokohama Geolanders, and we got 30 inches of snow 2 yrs back and my Pathy went through that no problems..

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”