How do you remove the door panel?

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

slavabon

How do you remove the door panel?

Postby slavabon » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:49 pm

Guys, I need help removing door panels on my 06 Path with as little damage as possible. I need to unplug the mirror harness and it looks like the panel needs to be removed for this as the harness connector is buried somewhere behind it. I have found some schematics on this procedure here, but the sequence of the parts removed is still somewhat not clear to me. Do i have to pull off the trim around the door latch and elbow support to get to the bolts securing the panel? Do these pieces just pop off?
Thanks in advance for any help!

PS The only reason I'm messing with this is because my mirror got ripped out along with the wiring from its place in the car wash today. I cought the hose backing out and it acted like a big sling-shot on the mirror, ripping it out and sending it flying good 30 feet, smacking in the wall of the washing bay. Now I need a new mirror, which should be no problem to replace. I just need to find the remaining connector harness piece in the door, remove the old mirror piece form it and plug in a new mirror.
Rough day for the Path today. Fortunately no other damage to the doors, paint, etc.

macbell7

Postby macbell7 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:21 am

man that sucks , before anyone tells you to use the search function (which will have some posts that show you pics) You have to pull up the little arm rest part thats padded, then you will find several screws to take out. Then the little trim piece around the door handle pries off and then you can start pulling the panel off. Its held in by little clips all around it. Your more than likely going to break some of these and you will probably get a rattle in that panel after you put it back on. Thats what happens when you start taking the interior apart.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:22 am

See if you can pick up something like this. It really helps popping panels off & could help avoid mangling something by accident.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”